Telus Note 4 MM super slow bootup

ATOMICANTMAN

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Just updated to MM yesterday and restarts or cold boots are painfully slow now. I used to be able to reboot in less than a minutes and although I have not timed it, its definitely substantially longer. Like wondering if its ever going to get to the home screen. Other than that I use it as a Hotspot and thats working flawlessly, even better speeds but it could be weather related.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to MM yesterday and restarts or cold boots are painfully slow now. I used to be able to reboot in less than a minutes and although I have not timed it, its definitely substantially longer. Like wondering if its ever going to get to the home screen. Other than that I use it as a Hotspot and thats working flawlessly, even better speeds but it could be weather related.

That is strange, maybe see if you clear cache if it will improve or not. It could be that it's taking too long as it tries to resolve some conflicts on the firmware.

ATOMICANTMAN

May 25, 2016
Visit site
To clairify also I am in a remote area and use a cell booster to get internet. I have tried to set the phone and booster up in my RV several times but get no signal so I have to leave it in my truck. I must say that since the MM update I am surfing the net like high speed again. Watch youtube videos with no buffering. Last week it was a different story, mind you weather does play a part and so time will tell.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
To clairify also I am in a remote area and use a cell booster to get internet. I have tried to set the phone and booster up in my RV several times but get no signal so I have to leave it in my truck. I must say that since the MM update I am surfing the net like high speed again. Watch youtube videos with no buffering. Last week it was a different story, mind you weather does play a part and so time will tell.

I'm glad your problem seems to be sorted out. I've also noticed the speeds that MM has delivered to the Note 4, really great to see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude