Just upgraded to Marshmallow. What I am seeing is the Power Saving mode seems to turn itself off without me telling it to. Any ideas? This happens when it is running on battery. I'm not charging it so this is not the cause.
    05-29-2016 05:38 PM
    Just upgraded to Marshmallow. What I am seeing is the Power Saving mode seems to turn itself off without me telling it to. Any ideas? This happens when it is running on battery. I'm not charging it so this is not the cause.
    As I have not heard of this happening to date. I am going to guess that it's an APP you have installed that when installed you may have unknowingly given it permission to adjust those settings. I would target any apps that are constantly running, maybe using location or GPS so something like a 3rd party weather app?
    05-30-2016 03:42 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to identify the naughty app? Or do I just unibsyall then all until I find the one that is doing it?
    05-31-2016 02:45 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to identify the naughty app? Or do I just unibsyall then all until I find the one that is doing it?
    You could try checking the permissions of each downloaded app:

Head to Settings > Apps > Downloaded to see a list of applications installed on the device.
    Selecting an app will display details about it. The permissions will be listed by scrolling down to the bottom.
    If you click on each of the permissions, a small summary of what exactly they mean/do will pop up.

If you see something that catches your eye, that would possible cause your power save to turn off that could help, but yes, otherwise it's a process of elimination
    05-31-2016 10:49 PM
    Did you find a solution to the issue, I seem to be having the same problem?
    06-17-2016 03:45 AM
    I am having the same problem since upgrading...
    06-19-2016 04:52 PM
    Same here. Hoping a factory reset fixes the issue
    06-20-2016 02:23 AM
    Same problem after updating today. No apps have a permission for turning off power saving. I thought Waze might be a culprit, but it does it even after all apps are closed. Wish I'd never updated. Phone worked fine before with long battery life. Not now.
    06-28-2016 10:45 PM
    Mine turned off during the update a couple or few hours ago. I turned it back on. I guess I'll know more later if it will stay on but so far it's still on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-28-2016 10:59 PM
    I have the same issue. Thought I was accidentally turning it off myself. Driving me nuts. One I get some quiet time I will try a factory reset since I got lazy and did not do one for my marshmallow update. Battery life is sometimes terrible on LTE and GPS. Good thing the battery is replaceable! As an aside, power saving in marshmallow messes up my Tunein streaming.
    06-29-2016 04:22 PM
    I did a factory reaet and my phone is working as it should with no problems
    06-30-2016 11:52 PM
    Me too!
    07-09-2016 06:39 PM
    Me too!
    I found the problem to be location services. If I turn off location, power saving mode persists. But it defeats the purpose of other apps. Certain apps require location to be identified and sometimes even when the app is not launched. So when the location is being detected it knocks power saving mode. My Samsung note 4 exhibited this problem since MM update and there have been few updates since but none of them fixed this problem.
    10-09-2016 07:10 AM
    I found the problem to be location services. If I turn off location, power saving mode persists. But it defeats the purpose of other apps. Certain apps require location to be identified and sometimes even when the app is not launched. So when the location is being detected it knocks power saving mode. My Samsung note 4 exhibited this problem since MM update and there have been few updates since but none of them fixed this problem.
    Any other solution? My note 4 randomly started switching powersave mode off recently. I have been un installing apps one by one then restarting to see if this fixes the issue. So far no luck.

Would appreciate any help.
    11-23-2016 05:18 PM