What can be backed up?

yui548

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to factory reset my Samsung Note 4. I want to know what can be backed up without using any third party app. There is an option "Backup and Reset". By using that alone, what can be restored? What I'm most concerned about are my Contacts, SMS, Photos and Music files. Will I be able to recover all of those?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have google account set up to back up your stuff, then yes, it will fully back up all that you mentioned. Open "backup and reset" in settings, be sure that "backup my data" and Automatic Restore" is checked. And you should be fine.

Now, me personally, I use Smart Switch by Samsung on my pc and back it up there too, just to be sure. If you have a spare samsung phone around, you can download smart switch to that device (from play store) as well as your note 4, and send everything over to your spare phone, including wallpaper, email settings and more, then once you've done the reset, you simply install smart switch on your newly reset phone, if the google back up didn't take, and move everything back over from your spare phone.

Chris

Degener84u

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I actually got the smart switch app, as a result of seeing one of your other posts about it. dedicated user of it now, love it. I don't worry much about saving game data, and smart switch backs up everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo