Sim Card Removed Error

martyjaward

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am regularly receiving an error on my note 4 - Sim Card Removed, Please Restart (three times so far today :()

I had this before and also after updating to Android 6.0.1, so it's likley to be a hardware issue. I have tried the usual fixes, clearing cache, using an eraser on the contacts of my sim card but with no luck.

Does anyone have any other ideas of how I can fix this?

Of course, it never does it when the Mrs is around, so she thinks I'm just after a new phone, not that there is anything out there I would replace it with.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember if it was the Note 3 or 4 that had this 'issue', but some people reported that their tray was getting loose over time. So you can try cutting a piece of a business card to the size of the SIM card (or a bit smaller) and place that on the back of the card while inserting it into the SIM tray. (WARNING! This MIGHT damage your device if you're not careful or if the cardboard is too thick, so proceed with caution). The added padding pushes the card towards the pins if the card was loose.

It might also be that your SIM card is damaged. Have you tried using a different one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol