Is there a Android phone that is "Note 4 like"? I love the camera, the size and the "sd slot". Ever since the Marshmallow update my Note 4 has just been finicky and Samsung updates and blot ware is wearing me thin. I'd like to stay with android especially since I like putting an "sd card" in my phone for more storage. I know iPhone doesn't have a sd slot but i use Mac for everything as it is. I'd consider to down grade with an older model.
    Thanks again for your help
    06-03-2016 08:11 AM
    Hi, if an SD card slot is all that's important to you then there are a tone of great Android phones out there. Have you considered an S7 edge? close in size, great camera and SD card slot. Or hold fire for the next Note coming in a few months.
    Hi, if an SD card slot is all that's important to you then there are a tone of great Android phones out there. Have you considered an S7 edge? close in size, great camera and SD card slot. Or hold fire for the next Note coming in a few months.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-2016 08:35 AM
    Have you done a factory reset after the upgrade to MM? Have you cleared the cache? You can disable most of the bloatware- I have 20+ unneeded bloatware apps disabled. It's not that difficult to get a much better experience with your Note 4 after doing all these things.
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-03-2016 03:35 PM
    Is there a Android phone that is "Note 4 like"? I love the camera, the size and the "sd slot". Ever since the Marshmallow update my Note 4 has just been finicky and Samsung updates and blot ware is wearing me thin. I'd like to stay with android especially since I like putting an "sd card" in my phone for more storage. I know iPhone doesn't have a sd slot but i use Mac for everything as it is. I'd consider to down grade with an older model.
    S7 Edge, LG G5 and LG V10 are good. The S7 Edge would be the one to get unless you can wait for the Note6/7 that is coming in August.
    06-03-2016 06:23 PM
    If the bloatware is a major pain point for you, then Package Disabler Pro (from police something or other) in the app store does a fantastic job of letting you kill off any apps that you don't want on there. It's been discussed around here quite a bit in terms of battery saving, removing features that people don't want, and in some cases, even repairing stability issues related to some of the bloatware. It's well worth the dollar or so.
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-03-2016 09:42 PM
    Enjoy that trip over to Apple. That operating system is like another language all together. Confusing and annoying. I do agree with you on one point though. MM is a terrible update. I hate it. Other than it butchering my battery life, I have no other problems.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    06-03-2016 10:13 PM
    Go for a BB! My Classic and Passport both have card slots. The Priv does as well, and that's Android. You have a boatload of options, really.
    I would also look at unlocked options. Most carriers LOVE to slam on the bloat.
    06-04-2016 01:52 AM
    I too was having a lot of issues with my Note 4 after MM update. However, once I did a factory reset and cleared cache, I'm starting to experience awesome battery life and a smooth operating system. I would suggest wiping the phone. Hopefully it helps.
    huntnyc, srvctec and koves like this.
    06-04-2016 03:00 AM
    One of my friend moved to iPhone 6S plus from note edge couple of days back since his company now provides him iPhone and he don't want to carry two phones. Earlier he moved to Android 4 years back. Now his first impression after using iPhone for couple of hours was "man this OS is the same I used 4 years back and the screen sucks compared to my note edge. Also nothing here to customize and this phone is embarrassing for its price". If you are ready for it, go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-04-2016 12:20 PM
    I too was having a lot of issues with my Note 4 after MM update. However, once I did a factory reset and cleared cache, I'm starting to experience awesome battery life and a smooth operating system. I would suggest wiping the phone. Hopefully it helps.
    I wiped the cache partition about a week ago and factory reset today. Another cache wipe isn't necessary, is it?

06-04-2016 09:01 PM
    I wiped the cache partition about a week ago and factory reset today. Another cache wipe isn't necessary, is it?

It may not be necessary, but it only takes a few minutes and is pretty risk-free...
    TechNut79 likes this.
    06-06-2016 12:20 PM
    It may not be necessary, but it only takes a few minutes and is pretty risk-free...
    I did it. We shall see.

06-06-2016 08:03 PM
    A factory reset will make your Note 4 likeable . I waited 3 days and finally decided it needed to be done. I had thought about making the switch myself when I was having issues with my Note, but I have had an ipad before and wasn't really fond of it. I happen to like being able to make my NOTE my own. You can't customize the iphone. Apple has control on what you can do and I don't like that. I get bored easily and just like Android better. I have also had all the Note series phones and there isn't anything on the market that can match it.
    Its competition is the Iphone 6 plus. I have a brother whose company is on Apple and so he had to make the choice. He actually likes it but he does miss being able to customize. My sister-in-law has the Note 5. It is her first Note. I do use it for work as well and nothing beats what it can do and the apps. I still have to use an ipad for my job as well and I just don't like it. No phone is perfect. It is indiviual, but after the factory reset, my problem was taken care of. It would be nice if we didn't have to do the FR. It is an inconvenience but the outcome was good. I do have a couple of friends who are Note jealous and they are on the iphone. It is personal choice.

huntnyc likes this.
    06-12-2016 03:44 AM