Contact image not showing when receiving incoming phone calls.

pascaldemo

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Since the recent Marshmallow update my contact images are not showing up when I receive an incoming phone call. All my contact images are present in my contacts. I've re-sinked also!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Merged duplicate threads.

When someone in your Contacts calls you, does the phone at least recognize that person and show the name? Or is it just the phone number, or Unknown/Private Number?

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm having same issue even after update and factory reset. It only seems to effect contacts I have marked as favorites. The contact photo is there when I pull up contact but disappears when I call them or vice versa. My phone is synced with Google contacts which syncs with my Note Pro Tab. Contacts have photos on my tab also.
Today I edited two contacts. I deleted the favorites label from them. When I got a call from them today, the generic silhouette popped up on caller ID along with their phone number.

The Fatyank

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting in the phone app to show contact details, it shows a picture of the person I am speaking to when the call screen is minimized bit not when maximized

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
When I'm on a call, I can minimize the screen and the contact photo appears. It just doesn't show in full screen while on a call.

The Fatyank

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue and just did what I suggest below. Won't know if it worked until a favorite calls me.

What I would try is go into the contacts list and edit the photo of each one of your favorites by tapping on it in edit mode and then select the same photo again and tap save. I suspect what is going on is that the path to the photo changed slightly because of the MM update. I had an issue with sounds in some apps and I had to go into the apps and choose the sound again and now all is well.

Notice the difference before and after the change. Before editing your photos, it shows the contact photo in a small circle with a larger size blurred in the background. After making the edit, it shows the photo (without the small circle) across the entire top of that contact's listing.

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Cool that a workaround/fix has been figured out but I have over 500 contacts - no way am I doing the image re-load for 500+ contacts.

All my contacts reside on an Exchange server so I thought maybe I'd try dumping the email account from my phone and re-adding it - no luck. I think that points to a glitch with Marshmallow's phone and contacts interplay. My wife has a Sprint Note 4 - Marshmallow did not produce this issue on her phone.

I guess I'll do the workaround/fix for a handful of VIPs and wait for Verizon to fix this. Being Verizon is the slowest updating network in the universe, I won't hold my breath.

For Pete's sake, as long as it took Verizon to push Marshmallow, they obviously weren't busy doing thorough testing all that time. Something so simple as this - they broke it and didn't even catch it during testing...

Great job Verizon...

ScubaSnac9

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What about all the contacts that have Google+ images that are linked up? Those you cannot edit, if you did not add the photo yourself. I just removed one of my Google contacts photo and now it is not showing up, even after a refresh of Google+. The other problem i have is that all the photos that are linked to my contacts that I personally put up are not even on my phone anymore. Unless something is figured out, I will just have to wait for an update from Verizon.

aradron

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Erase the dublicate contact usually from sim and keep the phone contact with image.At least that corrected the problem on my huawei p9 phone