I googled something that gave me search results for AC but when I click them nothing happens.

I did a factory reset and it's still not working. I've removed defaults for AC app but it's still messed up.

Also after reset ac says I have no "participated threads'

Wondering if this is an ac thing or a my phone thing
    06-04-2016 08:53 AM
    When you clicked the URL links for AC, did anything happen at all? For example, did the browser window close for a split second, then appear again? Or does absolutely nothing happen?

And you did a full factory reset for this (as opposed to a simple reboot)?

Are you logged back into the AC app?
    06-04-2016 03:00 PM
    Also, what app did you use for the search, Google app, Chrome or a different browser? Do you get the same problem using different browsers?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-04-2016 03:09 PM
    Happened before Mm update and after. Still happening after a factory reset.

Using Google search (now) app.

Works properly with Google.com using Chrome.

Other search results open fine.

I see a blue bar that says android central with a left pointing arrow (like the ac app) for a millisecond.

So I think it's trying to open AC but fails.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2016 12:17 AM
    Open your Google app, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Accounts & Privacy, and turn the switch off for Open Web Pages in App. This will prevent the Google app from trying to open a link in its own browser interface. Now try again.
    06-05-2016 01:12 AM
    Open your Google app, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Accounts & Privacy, and turn the switch off for Open Web Pages in App. This will prevent the Google app from trying to open a link in its own browser interface. Now try again.
    Still broken. Thanks for the suggestion.

06-05-2016 09:50 AM
    This is a strange issue. So, when you tap on a link to Android Central from the Google app you don't get the menu to select which app to use, right? It sounds like there's a default already set for this action (AC, ACF Tapatalk, some browser). You could try downloading a new browser or a different AC app to force the selection menu next time you try to open a link. If you manage to get it select the 'just once' option instead of 'always'.
    06-05-2016 10:12 AM
    I just read that Samsung removed this always/just once option, and obviously some people are not very happy. Take a look this thread for different options.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=658699
    What do you think of the lack of "Just once" and "Always" on the S7?
    06-05-2016 10:16 AM
    Yea, once you select one it's set in stone. I downloaded the other ac forums app, nothing changed. I tried to clear defaults (which is harder to find in mm) and nothing changed.

06-05-2016 10:40 AM
    And didn't you get the selection menu? Not sure what else to suggest, mate. Maybe reset apps preferences. I'll ask around for more ideas.
    06-05-2016 11:05 AM
    Resetting app preferences may help. Better open with (found in Play) will bypass the auto default set for Samsungs.
    06-05-2016 11:09 AM
    And didn't you get the selection menu? Not sure what else to suggest, mate. Maybe reset apps preferences. I'll ask around for more ideas.
    Initially it did and I picked AC but I can't unset the default. Not happy with this change

06-05-2016 03:38 PM
    Yeah, I can understand why you're not happy with this change. I think your best option is using a third party app from the Play Store. As Golfdriver said Better open seems very popular and you can find more options in the link I posted before.

By the way, I find that the Android Central main app sometimes has problems opening external links and, in general, I prefer using Android Central Forums app or Chrome. I leave AC main app just for articles from the blog and never for forum threads.
    06-05-2016 04:10 PM
    Yeah, I can understand why you're not happy with this change. I think your best option is using a third party app from the Play Store. As Golfdriver said Better open seems very popular and you can find more options in the link I posted before.

By the way, I find that the Android Central main app sometimes has problems opening external links and, in general, I prefer using Android Central Forums app or Chrome. I leave AC main app just for articles from the blog and never for forum threads.
    I would undo it if I could.
    06-05-2016 08:42 PM
    I uninstalled AC app and instantly got options to open. I chose ac forums and it opened. Wtf was it getting hung up on I wonder?
    06-05-2016 09:16 PM