Can I update to Marshmallow if my T-Mo Note 4 is unlocked?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2016 12:28 PM
    You should be able to. To the best of my knowledge, T-Mobile doesn't restrict their updates to using a T-Mobile SIM. That is, of course, as long as the update for a T-Mobile Note 4 is available. You should probably get it through Kies, if it's out.

However, depending on the way your phone was unlocked, you might lose unlocking. Not likely, but a possibility, just so you know.
    06-10-2016 12:42 PM
    I am fairly sure there isn't one available for T-Mobile, that's why I wondered if it was unlocked if I could get it updated. I suppose I will just have to continue to wait. By the time T-Mo pushes it out the Note6/Note7 will be available...
    06-10-2016 12:52 PM
    It wont take the unlocked version if that is what your asking for. The update that will apply to your phone will have to match the model number. So if you have a branded TMO unit it will only update when that model is officially released.
    06-10-2016 02:10 PM
    1. Only the TMobile Note 4 update will work - another one could brick (ruin) the phone.

2. Whether you can get a TMobile update depends on whether you mean that the phone is SIM-unlocked or rooted or "unlocked" in some other way. Unlocked normally means that you can put another carrier's SIM in the phone, but people use the word to mean just about anything. If it's SIM-unlocked, the update doesn't care. If it's "something else-unlocked", that may block the update and it may not.
    06-10-2016 02:24 PM
    If it's a t-mobile unlocked note 4 u r running on a different carrier you will get the update when t-mobile release their update. I had an unlocked t-mobile note 4 on metro pcs and got the updates when t-mobile released it

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2016 02:49 PM