I updated yesterday, its ok, meh... nothing special.
    Even did a factory reset which is a total pain but probably needed doing anyways.
    I don't see any big benefits at all. I did get a little bit better battery after the factory reset.
    It's not bad but certainly not worth the work of doing a factory reset, reinstalling apps/passwords, downloading and reinstalling all your 'private' pix and videos.
    If you HAVE to reformat a phone, get a new phone or have nothing else in the world to do, then sure, go for it.
    But don't expect anything big afterewards.
    06-11-2016 09:43 AM
    Keep in mind, the phone has a new kernel. Something like that will take time before everything settles down.
    06-11-2016 09:52 AM
    Keep in mind, the phone has a new kernel. Something like that will take time before everything settles down.
    Gotcha, so..what exactly is a new 'kernel' and how does that work when putting a new OS on it?
    thanks
    06-11-2016 11:42 AM
    Gotcha, so..what exactly is a new 'kernel' and how does that work when putting a new OS on it?
    thanks
    A kernel is a piece of software that handles hardware input to software and vice versa. Kernels are usually packed with ROM, and the phone needs to adjust.
    Laura Knotek and collyesta like this.
    06-11-2016 03:40 PM
    Yeah as a note 4 user I didn't see any pretty Marshmallow stuff after the upgrade until I downloaded goodlock. Then I have the updated notifications, etc.. It made it seem like I was running a new UI. ๐Ÿ‘
    AXEL314 and huntnyc like this.
    06-11-2016 04:02 PM
    I also did a Factory Reset on my phone after updating to Marshmallow. Kind of glad I did. I got to clean up some stuff, and was inspired to get a unified look with the new "Squircle" icons.

Battery life seems better. I have two batteries. The older battery that used to shut off at 20% didn't shut off at 20% last night. In fact, today it has been running as new once it cycled down all the to way to 1%!

The only thing that I really wanted was the Theme Store so I can apply a dark theme throughout the entire OS, but all I can do is cross my fingers and hope Samsung decides to throw it in as a last ditch freebie if we ever get to move to in some final Marshmallow update.

I'm fine not having the latest Touchwiz, but giving us the Touchwiz that launched with the Note 5 without the Theme Store was kinda a slap in the face.

All in all now that the OS has "settled" in, I'm pretty happy!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails First day of Marshmallow-screenshot_2016-06-11-19-51-21.jpg ย 
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-11-2016 07:58 PM
    It has been trying. My battery was horrible and I did do a factory reset and now it is better. I have a 2nd batter on order though because I had thought there was a problem with the battery. I didn't do the reset until day 3. I am ok now until I do get my upgrade.

06-12-2016 03:22 AM
    Yeah as a note 4 user I didn't see any pretty Marshmallow stuff after the upgrade until I downloaded goodlock. Then I have the updated notifications, etc.. It made it seem like I was running a new UI. ๐Ÿ‘
    Does finger print scanner work with Goodlock?
    06-12-2016 05:00 PM
    I have to plead ignorance here. What is Goodluck? What does it do and where do you get it?

The Fatyank
    06-12-2016 06:11 PM
    I have to plead ignorance here. What is Goodluck? What does it do and where do you get it?

The Fatyank
    Fresh UI, I love it. You can download it at apkmirror

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    06-12-2016 08:00 PM
    Phone call volume isn't good. Unable to make louder

06-13-2016 09:43 PM
    Phone call volume isn't good. Unable to make louder

Try going to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing

and check Hearing Aids. See if that makes it loud enough for you.
    06-14-2016 12:07 AM