Am I Crazy to Buy Note 4 Refurb?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you want peace of mind and a one year warranty, may I suggest B&H? I bought my unlocked Note 4 from here at the beginning of the year, great customer support.

Check out what I found on B&H Photo Video http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1097106-REG

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
I saw that and I love B&H but I need the Verizon version. Even unlocked that version doesn't give all the bands available in VZW. Thanks though. Ebay had "like new" for $300 which is what tempted me in the first place. I've also seen $400 refurb by Samsung but I need a seller I can count on if it has to be returned.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I saw that and I love B&H but I need the Verizon version. Even unlocked that version doesn't give all the bands available in VZW. Thanks though. Ebay had "like new" for $300 which is what tempted me in the first place. I've also seen $400 refurb by Samsung but I need a seller I can count on if it has to be returned.

Aw I overlooked you were with Verizon.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Worth it, if you find a good reputable seller. I bought a brand new Note 4 a few weeks ago for $350. First phone had IR blaster defect (didn't work), returned to seller to exchange for a new one. Second phone was perfect. It all depends if you find a good seller.

I don't like any of the new models with glass backs or no SD cards. Note 4 is a solid phone for me.

Last edited:

thefriendlygeek

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought my a Note 4 for all the same reasons you stated in OP, but you missed an important one. The verizon version was bootloader unlocked in the last few months, so even after Samsung gives up on it, all the developers that want to keep it updated will. Also it just got official Marshmallow OTA,
For bootloader unlock info check xda thread.
[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Bootloader unlock and upgrade to marshmallow.
[HOWTO] Bootloader Unlock and Upgrade to Mar… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Also, I'd buy on swappa.com. If you plan to bootloader unlock, the warranty is void anyway. I have had good experiences with the sellers there.

Last edited:

nglfmark

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I bought a used Note 4 (excellent condition) a few months ago and it's been fantastic. Sure it's 18 months old. I bought a new battery and it's like I have a new phone. Does everything well. Paid around $250 (bought off the local Classifieds)

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought a used Note 4 (excellent condition) a few months ago and it's been fantastic. Sure it's 18 months old. I bought a new battery and it's like I have a new phone. Does everything well. Paid around $250 (bought off the local Classifieds)

The worst part is I just bought a new genuine Samsung $50 battery from Samsung for my Note 3 and it hasn't really helped battery life much. The old one was 2 years old from Asurion so I thought this might be a big improvement. Nope big waste of money. I guess phone is just old or trying to do too much as newer apps are more demanding and I have way too many apps.

Anyway it hadn't occurred to me until now If I buy a Note 4 I will also need to buy a new battery and a new wireless charging back. Starting to add up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No you're not crazy. My Note 4 runs fantastic. The only reason you see lots of problems posted here is because folks are more inclined to post when they have a minor issue, rather than praise when the phone works (pretty much like any other phone forum).

The large and sharp display, removable battery, SD card slot and IR blaster, and the ability to handle all the 3D intensive games, make the Note 4 a very capable device today.

I couldn't agree more with what you have written regarding people's tendencies to post more negative reviews/issues than positive results/praises.

And no, you're not crazy, OP! Just be sure to get your warranty information available for you to read and make sure they explain everything to you in case you need to take advantage of it in the future. Good luck! Post pictures of your newly acquired phone when you can! :)

thefriendlygeek

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
The worst part is I just bought a new genuine Samsung $50 battery from Samsung for my Note 3 and it hasn't really helped battery life much. The old one was 2 years old from Asurion so I thought this might be a big improvement. Nope big waste of money. I guess phone is just old or trying to do too much as newer apps are more demanding and I have way too many apps.

Anyway it hadn't occurred to me until now If I buy a Note 4 I will also need to buy a new battery and a new wireless charging back. Starting to add up.

Since you mentioned you have a note 3, I felt I should bring to your attention that it also has an unlockable bootloader with the same method used on the Note 4. (Check with eMMC brick bug check app on the Play Store to verify your CID starts with 15)
[Official] Note 3 Verizon Bootloader Unlock | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

You could also install CM 13 after unlocking, to see if the speedup from not using Touchwiz, makes your device fast enough.
[ROM][CM13][6.0.1_r43][VZW] Temasek's UNOFFI… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3