06-23-2016 05:27 PM
29 12
tools
    I bought a used Note 4 (excellent condition) a few months ago and it's been fantastic. Sure it's 18 months old. I bought a new battery and it's like I have a new phone. Does everything well. Paid around $250 (bought off the local Classifieds)

Posted via the Android Central App
    The worst part is I just bought a new genuine Samsung $50 battery from Samsung for my Note 3 and it hasn't really helped battery life much. The old one was 2 years old from Asurion so I thought this might be a big improvement. Nope big waste of money. I guess phone is just old or trying to do too much as newer apps are more demanding and I have way too many apps.

Anyway it hadn't occurred to me until now If I buy a Note 4 I will also need to buy a new battery and a new wireless charging back. Starting to add up.
    06-21-2016 10:27 AM
    No you're not crazy. My Note 4 runs fantastic. The only reason you see lots of problems posted here is because folks are more inclined to post when they have a minor issue, rather than praise when the phone works (pretty much like any other phone forum).

The large and sharp display, removable battery, SD card slot and IR blaster, and the ability to handle all the 3D intensive games, make the Note 4 a very capable device today.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    I couldn't agree more with what you have written regarding people's tendencies to post more negative reviews/issues than positive results/praises.

And no, you're not crazy, OP! Just be sure to get your warranty information available for you to read and make sure they explain everything to you in case you need to take advantage of it in the future. Good luck! Post pictures of your newly acquired phone when you can!

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2016 10:32 AM
    The worst part is I just bought a new genuine Samsung $50 battery from Samsung for my Note 3 and it hasn't really helped battery life much. The old one was 2 years old from Asurion so I thought this might be a big improvement. Nope big waste of money. I guess phone is just old or trying to do too much as newer apps are more demanding and I have way too many apps.

Anyway it hadn't occurred to me until now If I buy a Note 4 I will also need to buy a new battery and a new wireless charging back. Starting to add up.
    Since you mentioned you have a note 3, I felt I should bring to your attention that it also has an unlockable bootloader with the same method used on the Note 4. (Check with eMMC brick bug check app on the Play Store to verify your CID starts with 15)
    [Official] Note 3 Verizon Bootloader Unlock | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

You could also install CM 13 after unlocking, to see if the speedup from not using Touchwiz, makes your device fast enough.
    [ROM][CM13][6.0.1_r43][VZW] Temasek's UNOFFI… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    06-21-2016 11:59 AM
    My rooting days are over. I don't trust the security.
    06-23-2016 05:27 PM
29 12