Why do keep losing apps that i moved to external storage from application manager... to name a few: maps.me, google translate, xe currency, etc... after i moved it, it can still be loaded, so i thought it was fine... but after i restart the phone, like after changing the battery, then the apps lost link somehow... when i click it, it says: "application not install"... and direct me to the apps store...
    I recently upgraded to android 6.0.1 marshmallow.. i think those problems happens after that..

So, is there anyway to restore the link without re-downloading the apps?
    06-18-2016 10:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It could be a bug with the update, but it could also be a problem with the card. Can you test it on another card?
    06-19-2016 02:43 AM
    Hi diddy, thx..
    I dont think it is a problem with the card, coz the apps can be moved and loaded fine after moved... but i spotted something else: the problem does not happened after i restart or changing the battery, i made a bad judgement there.. the problem happened after i inserted an otg flash drive and removed it...
    I noticed that the xe currency apps does not lost link after several times changing the battery.. but when i inserted an otg flash drive and removed it, the xe currency apps lost link and needed to be re-install from the play store..
    But not all apps that i put to the external storage (sd card) lost link... some apps are still fine, like the kingsoft office, tengugo kana, etc...
    So perhaps the problem is with the otg flash drive handling? I noticed that in marshmallow version there is no "save removal" button, so that i just removed it straight after used...
    But as some externalized apps are still running fine, it could also means that the apps are not equipted to be stored externally...
    Please correct me if i'm wrong...
    06-19-2016 09:17 PM
    Sorry, but I can't be sure. It sure sounds like it could have something to do with plugging the OTG drive in. Maybe the system is incorrectly unmounting the microSD card whenever you plug in the OTG drive.

One general thing to try is to wipe the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686. Probably won't do much, but it also won't hurt.
    06-19-2016 09:58 PM