I am using Note 4 (N910C) bought new 4 months ago but some times device behave weird. Sometimes device stays awake (cpu stays active) while screen is off and the device is not being used. When this state happen in the battery stats it can be seen that the awake line becomes strong and permanent and only solution is to restart the device.

After restart, device behaves normal for about 2 to 3 days and after that same problem persist. During this situation 4% per hour battery is consumed when device is idle.

In battery stats Android System and Android OS consume most of the battery when this problem happens. Otherwise device consume normal battery and I get about 6 hrs of screen on time.

I have tried several solutions like
    Cleared cache.
    Disabled some pre installed apps which i don't use like svoice etc
    Disable sync services
    Installed Gsam battery monitor but no-special process found other than android aystem which consume battery in problem state.

But nothing mentioned above really helped. The only known solution is restarting the device which help for like 2 days and problem comes again.

Device is not rooted and I am using original Samsung OS. Lollipop 5.1.1 and Marshmallow 6.0.1 both have same problem the later was updated via OTA. But nothing addressed the problem.

Please guide with the possible solution?
    06-19-2016 07:57 PM
    I was having this SAME EXACT problem (I too have the 910C). But like you said, a reset and clear cache was only a temporary solution. What I ended up doing was going into the Play store and ensuring all my apps were up to date (I had a dozen that need updating). After updating all my apps, I'm happy to report that my "stay awake" problem seems to have bee corrected.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    06-19-2016 08:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply. All my apps are updated in playstore and i don't have many apps installed. I always keep my device updated. But problem is still there.

My brother has the same Note 4 model as I do (N910C), his device is 2 years old and same firmware but he never faced issue like that.

Any other solution I could try?
    06-20-2016 11:34 AM
    I had this problem and discovered having Weatherbug installed along with having Bluetooth turned on was the issue.
    06-20-2016 12:58 PM
    Once after using the Bluetooth i turned it off but it remained active in the battery stats and was consuming battery restart fixed it and this problem never occurred again.
    When device is awake despite being idle the top battery consumed app in battery stats is Android System and I can't track what background process cause this or what process tigers this issue.
    06-20-2016 02:51 PM