So, I use Amazon to host my personal MP3 collection. When I download songs for offline play they obviously work in the Amazon app but not the default Music app. The Amazon app is very laggy so I prefer the default app. I have Amazon set to download to the SD card and the only way I've been able to get the Music app to recognize the songs is to then copy them to internal memory, which I don't want. How can I get the default app to view the songs? I haven't been able to find an option for adding additional directories to the default Music app. Any input is much appreciated.
    06-20-2016 08:44 AM
    Do you know which directory Amazon downloads to? Use a file manager app to look in that directory and see if there's a ".nomedia" file there. If so, delete it. This file instructs the system's media scanner to ignore that directory when looking for new media to add to the various databases (including the Music app's).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2016 01:00 PM
    That was it, thanks. Unfortunately it's under the Data directory so I can't remove the nomedia file and the Amazon app won't let me alter the path.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-21-2016 08:40 AM
    I thought the file in the /data directory and subdirectories could still be manipulated by the user. Does it give you a warning message that you don't have the ability to delete it? Have you tried different file manager apps?

A workaround would be to download the music on your computer, then transfer the files to the phone's Music directory via USB.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2016 12:10 PM
    It's not that I "can't" remove the .nomedia file it's that I don't want all the sounds and pictures associated with my apps to show up in photo and music apps which is what would happen if I did that.

I can manually move the files if I want as well, but it would be much easier if Amazon just let me choose the storage location.
    06-21-2016 03:42 PM
    Oh, I see. That's frustrating--I guess Amazon wants to do what it can to keep you within their ecosystem.
    06-21-2016 07:05 PM