I get a junk call every day. I know that I have already blocked the number because when I select the call from the log and push the 3 dots I see that I have the option to "Remove from Auto reject list". And in the log listing there is a blue circle with diagonal line through it and a small A signal on it. I think the phone doesn't ring (but not sure about that.. it might have rung and I missed it) But the call is getting through at least to leave a message because it ends up in voicemail. And in the ATT Visual Voicemail listing there is no icon to show that it is blocked so I get tricked into selecting it and listening to it. Why is the number getting to Visual Voicemail and how do I get it to stop?
    06-21-2016 04:33 PM
    Blocking a call usually just denies it automatically which sends them to your voicemail. You would have to contact AT&T and they should be able to put in a block that actually blocks it via the network and not the phone.
    06-21-2016 04:37 PM
    I've placed blocks on a lot of calls from different telemarketers and I can't remember seeing very many getting into my voicemail after I block them.

Having to call AT&T, wait on hold, to get them to block a number is quite an ordeal if you have to do it often.... not complaining about your comment Almeuit but it sure seems like an impractical thing to do. No better way?

Maybe there's an app that can at least identify that some of the calls listed in Visual Voicemail are on the phone's block list? Not sure if that is even possible.
    06-21-2016 08:49 PM
    I don't know about AT&T, but with Verizon you can block up to five numbers for free using your online account. To block more than five numbers you need to add a feature to your account for which there is a monthly charge.

Larry
    06-21-2016 10:42 PM
    AT&T says Other options if your device can’t block calls or messages
    Learn about AT&T Smart Limits for blocking up to 30 numbers you specify. At this time Smart Limits can't be used to block inbound calls or messages received from anonymous or unknown callers.

Ways to prevent telemarketer calls and spam

• Visit the National Do Not Call Registry page to register your number for free. You can also call 888.382.1222 (TTY 866.290.4236) from the number you wish to register.
    • Unsubscribe or opt out of text alerts using the instructions or link at the bottom of the message.
    • Avoid posting your wireless number on websites."

They really are not offering any help.
    Two things:
    1) I've searched for an app that can automate adding the culprit's number to the National Do Not Call Registry but haven't found anything like that so that it doesn't take a minute or two to do.

2) As mentioned in my above question it'd be nice if there were an app that could at least correlate the number listed in the visual voicemail list with the numbers in the phone's blocked list and then indicate it as a blocked number. That might have to be a separate voice mail app.
    06-22-2016 01:48 AM