Freezing and restarting

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
After mm things seemed to get better on this front but as of yesterday my phone has been laggy, freezes up and restarts. It just restarted and the battery is at 78 percent. As I type this SwiftKey hangs up on every other word. It's very frustrating. I have uninstalled the last few apps that I installed. Cleared cache partition. Still acting wonky. I just factory reset when I installed MM a couple weeks ago and really don't want to do it again.

If I take it to Verizon and they offer a refurb does it come with a battery.

Or should I break down and get a new battery?

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an SD card in the phone? Something like what you are seeing might be caused by an SD card having been corrupted and the system could be continually scanning it and getting errors. If you do have an SD card, try turning the phone off, removing the card, restarting, and see if the problems persist.

Another try might be to start the phone in safe mode to see if a bad app might be causing the problem.

Larry

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just put it in safe mode. Opened chrome, closed it then opened the stock gallery app. It froze then restarted. As I type this on the stock keyboard in normal mode it's hanging up like crazy. I did the SD card thing but input it back in. Is the test to see if it works while the SD card is out ?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I factory reset with only the stock apps. I formatted my SD card (put back only my photos music and an unlocker apk that I've had forever. )

It's not as bad but still kinda slow sometimes. Facebook crashed once.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard started hanging up again. Occasionally it would lag pretty bad going into and out of apps. Still haven't installed much more than stock and some basics. So I did a normal restart and it booted to "downloading do not turn off target"

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
well, I guess my 64gig SD card is toast. I just noticed this morning that my phone wasnt detecting it and my PC isn't seeing it either. WTF.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE, phone is completely dead and will not boot up or charge. I bought a new battery and it didn't change anything.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
$150 later, have a replacement coming today. at least I have a spare battery now.

It's crazy I wish I knew what happened so it doesn't happen again. The two things I didn't check were corrupted google account or sim card. I have my sim and same account in my old Droid RazrM now and other than it being an old phone running kitkat it seems to be free from said problems. It lags and stuff but I chalk that up to being old and having only 8 gigs of memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21