T-Mobile Note 4 Marshmallow update

mgurmgur

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the following message on my T-Mobile Note 4: "The server has reached its daily download limit. Try again later or go to Smart Switch on your computer to update the device."

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Same here. T-Mobile support told me that the server was slammed and that it hit the daily limit.

Basically either wait tomorrow to do a OTA or use Samsung SmartSwitch on the PC to update today.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't believe I got mine today. now Im trying to figure out what changed, whats worth looking into. Im already annoyed at the forced things in the notification bar.

Last edited:

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Was getting the daily limit notification so tried Kies 3 but got stuck in updating after downloading the update a few times. Ended up using smart switch and it worked on the first try.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Was getting the daily limit notification so tried Kies 3 but got stuck in updating after downloading the update a few times. Ended up using smart switch and it worked on the first try.

I tried everything imaginable. It got to 70% the first try in Smart Switch. Brick after that. I'll wait for the OTA. Either way, I have a new Note 4 in my hand now and a paper weight in my desk drawer.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
What's the deal with being over the daily limit? It's been saying that since yesterday. This is a joke. I don't have a computer

huntnyc

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything imaginable. It got to 70% the first try in Smart Switch. Brick after that. I'll wait for the OTA. Either way, I have a new Note 4 in my hand now and a paper weight in my desk drawer.
Had trouble with Smart Switch too, update failed to install. Tried Emergency Recovery option in Smart switch several times and finally worked. All good now. Sorry for your troubles.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Had trouble with Smart Switch too, update failed to install. Tried Emergency Recovery option in Smart switch several times and finally worked. All good now. Sorry for your troubles.
Yeah. Thanks. I took the phone to the TMO store, they had no joy trying to recover it. Put a new one on my tab. I'll pay it off next month, then go for the Note 7 in a few months if it has a card slot.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Now it's telling me I'm up to date and I'm still on 5.1.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-28-21-31-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-28-21-31-21.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Why are you guys so eager to update? Do some research first. My brand new MXPE updated out of the box......I hadn't did any research on marshmallow before that, but I wish I would have tried Lollipop first.....so far MM sucks imo :(

huntnyc

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So update after factory reset and clear cache is smooth as silk. Battery life excellent, Android PS usage in check, granular app permissions great. Happy with MM here.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Why are you guys so eager to update? Do some research first. My brand new MXPE updated out of the box......I hadn't did any research on marshmallow before that, but I wish I would have tried Lollipop first.....so far MM sucks imo :(
Because those of us with TMo have watched all of the other carriers update for a year. A newer Note has been released in that year, and now another Note is soon to be announced within the next two weeks according to the rep at the store yesterday. I had stopped checking six months ago, then I saw the new thread here. I've been checking the boards for issues anyone else has had and saw more good things than bad so I went for it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Because those of us with TMo have watched all of the other carriers update for a year. A newer Note has been released in that year, and now another Note is soon to be announced within the next two weeks according to the rep at the store yesterday. I had stopped checking six months ago, then I saw the new thread here. I've been checking the boards for issues anyone else has had and saw more good things than bad so I went for it.

Well you did your research first, so you're making an informed decision....thats what I should have did ;)
I have to admit I haven't heard much good about Lollipop....worse than MM even. And after a factory reset it seems to be working much better for me. Just do a factory reset after the upgrade and hopefully it'll work well for you too :)

I don't understand why the carriers are so slow to update tho :confused: MM is still the smallest percentage of android OS being used, because they're rolling it out like molasses.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well you did your research first, so you're making an informed decision....thats what I should have did ;)
I have to admit I haven't heard much good about Lollipop....worse than MM even. And after a factory reset it seems to be working much better for me. Just do a factory reset after the upgrade and hopefully it'll work well for you too :)

I don't understand why the carriers are so slow to update tho :confused: MM is still the smallest percentage of android OS being used, because they're rolling it out like molasses.
My first install stalled and gave a "Failed installation" notice at 70% through Smart Switch and never recovered. It bricked my phone. The OTA download limit forbade me from anything else. Tuesday I had to buy a new phone. Got the OTA Wednesday and everything is fine now. I should have waited rather than to force it. Now I have an extra battery cover and battery and a Note 4 paperweight.