08-18-2016 11:05 AM
33 12
tools
    The update appears to be rolling out now!

Are you seeing it?
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-27-2016 09:08 AM
    I am getting the following message on my T-Mobile Note 4: "The server has reached its daily download limit. Try again later or go to Smart Switch on your computer to update the device."
    06-27-2016 10:26 AM
    Same here. T-Mobile support told me that the server was slammed and that it hit the daily limit.

Basically either wait tomorrow to do a OTA or use Samsung SmartSwitch on the PC to update today.

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    06-27-2016 11:05 AM
    I used Kies 3 and updated with no problem.
    H3aTeRzz and bgbagz like this.
    06-27-2016 12:39 PM
    I couldn't believe I got mine today. now Im trying to figure out what changed, whats worth looking into. Im already annoyed at the forced things in the notification bar.
    06-27-2016 08:49 PM
    Same here used kies.... So far so good
    06-28-2016 10:08 AM
    Bricked.
    That's life.
    06-28-2016 11:53 AM
    Was getting the daily limit notification so tried Kies 3 but got stuck in updating after downloading the update a few times. Ended up using smart switch and it worked on the first try.

huntnyc likes this.
    06-28-2016 02:28 PM
    Was getting the daily limit notification so tried Kies 3 but got stuck in updating after downloading the update a few times. Ended up using smart switch and it worked on the first try.

I tried everything imaginable. It got to 70% the first try in Smart Switch. Brick after that. I'll wait for the OTA. Either way, I have a new Note 4 in my hand now and a paper weight in my desk drawer.
    06-28-2016 04:43 PM
    What's the deal with being over the daily limit? It's been saying that since yesterday. This is a joke. I don't have a computer

06-28-2016 05:16 PM
    I tried everything imaginable. It got to 70% the first try in Smart Switch. Brick after that. I'll wait for the OTA. Either way, I have a new Note 4 in my hand now and a paper weight in my desk drawer.
    Had trouble with Smart Switch too, update failed to install. Tried Emergency Recovery option in Smart switch several times and finally worked. All good now. Sorry for your troubles.
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    06-28-2016 05:30 PM
    Had trouble with Smart Switch too, update failed to install. Tried Emergency Recovery option in Smart switch several times and finally worked. All good now. Sorry for your troubles.
    Yeah. Thanks. I took the phone to the TMO store, they had no joy trying to recover it. Put a new one on my tab. I'll pay it off next month, then go for the Note 7 in a few months if it has a card slot.
    06-28-2016 05:33 PM
    I got the update and apps are very slow now.

Posted via My Note 4
    06-28-2016 07:15 PM
    Now it's telling me I'm up to date and I'm still on 5.1.1

Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Note 4 Marshmallow update-screenshot_2016-06-28-21-31-21.jpg  
    06-28-2016 09:43 PM
    Why are you guys so eager to update? Do some research first. My brand new MXPE updated out of the box......I hadn't did any research on marshmallow before that, but I wish I would have tried Lollipop first.....so far MM sucks imo
    06-29-2016 03:58 AM
    So update after factory reset and clear cache is smooth as silk. Battery life excellent, Android PS usage in check, granular app permissions great. Happy with MM here.
    06-29-2016 09:41 AM
    Why are you guys so eager to update? Do some research first. My brand new MXPE updated out of the box......I hadn't did any research on marshmallow before that, but I wish I would have tried Lollipop first.....so far MM sucks imo
    Because those of us with TMo have watched all of the other carriers update for a year. A newer Note has been released in that year, and now another Note is soon to be announced within the next two weeks according to the rep at the store yesterday. I had stopped checking six months ago, then I saw the new thread here. I've been checking the boards for issues anyone else has had and saw more good things than bad so I went for it.
    06-29-2016 09:46 AM
    Now it's telling me I'm up to date and I'm still on 5.1.1

Mine also!
    DmDJ61 likes this.
    06-29-2016 01:42 PM
    Because those of us with TMo have watched all of the other carriers update for a year. A newer Note has been released in that year, and now another Note is soon to be announced within the next two weeks according to the rep at the store yesterday. I had stopped checking six months ago, then I saw the new thread here. I've been checking the boards for issues anyone else has had and saw more good things than bad so I went for it.
    Well you did your research first, so you're making an informed decision....thats what I should have did
    I have to admit I haven't heard much good about Lollipop....worse than MM even. And after a factory reset it seems to be working much better for me. Just do a factory reset after the upgrade and hopefully it'll work well for you too

I don't understand why the carriers are so slow to update tho MM is still the smallest percentage of android OS being used, because they're rolling it out like molasses.
    06-30-2016 12:51 AM
    Well you did your research first, so you're making an informed decision....thats what I should have did
    I have to admit I haven't heard much good about Lollipop....worse than MM even. And after a factory reset it seems to be working much better for me. Just do a factory reset after the upgrade and hopefully it'll work well for you too

I don't understand why the carriers are so slow to update tho MM is still the smallest percentage of android OS being used, because they're rolling it out like molasses.
    My first install stalled and gave a "Failed installation" notice at 70% through Smart Switch and never recovered. It bricked my phone. The OTA download limit forbade me from anything else. Tuesday I had to buy a new phone. Got the OTA Wednesday and everything is fine now. I should have waited rather than to force it. Now I have an extra battery cover and battery and a Note 4 paperweight.
    06-30-2016 06:55 AM
    A lot of useful features with the new update but there is one missing S-Pen feature that I am not seeing and I am missing it already.
    That is the "Air Menu" feature that would allow you to hover over that paperclip icon on the bottom left of your stock sms and automatically attach any of the last 3 recent media(screenshot, photo, etc...) instead of having to click on attach and then dig for it.

Just noticed that the following option is no longer available for my T-mobile note 4 after upgrading to android 6.0.1 marshmallow update.

In Android 5.0 Lollipop, the following Air View mode options used to be the following:

Air View mode, go to [Settings] – [S Pen] – [Air View]. In the Air View menu, there are five sub menus: Information preview, Icon labels, List scrolling, Link preview, and Air menu.

Now in Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, all are available except Air menu which lets you attach or insert content to a message by just hovering the S-pen over the action button(which looks like a paperclip).

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated because this is really missed.

Thanks,

-Alex
    06-30-2016 09:37 PM
    My first install stalled and gave a "Failed installation" notice at 70% through Smart Switch and never recovered. It bricked my phone. The OTA download limit forbade me from anything else. Tuesday I had to buy a new phone. Got the OTA Wednesday and everything is fine now. I should have waited rather than to force it. Now I have an extra battery cover and battery and a Note 4 paperweight.
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that.....that would really tick me off. You handled it better than I would have
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    07-01-2016 03:16 AM
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that.....that would really tick me off. You handled it better than I would have
    Thank you, but, it's just a phone. I was a little irritated, but the TMo store isn't so far away. They tried some resources I don't have or know about and were not able to recover it.

I got a new shiny phone and a clean install of Marshmallow out of it.
    I'm good.
    huntnyc and J Dubbs like this.
    07-01-2016 08:05 AM
    Is it not possible to crop a photo on screen write with the s pen on marshmallow now? I can't seem to figure out how

07-01-2016 01:03 PM
    Is it not possible to crop a photo on screen write with the s pen on marshmallow now? I can't seem to figure out how

No. You have to save to, then open from, the gallery and edit there.
    07-01-2016 01:59 PM
33 12