I have a Samsung Note 4 (Sprint) - about a week and a half ago the battery started dropping off around 20%. I cleaned up the cash and deleted some apps and it seemed to get better. I used Smart Manager to clean it up. Anyway, it started doing it again a few days later, annoying but manageable. Today, my phone was running really slow and I was getting a processing system not responding error. When I hit the side button the screen would take 2 minutes to come up and nothing was responding. Started my phone in safe mode. Deleted some more apps. Didn't work. Phone was stuck on the boot screen, started it in safe mode... couldn't figure out the problem. Now it won't boot at all and when I plug the charger in it just stays like it is at 0%. Also, before... the phone would just turn off randomly. Is this a faulty battery issue or a software issue? Any advice or thoughts are welcome.
    06-27-2016 09:12 PM
    It sounds like a faulty battery. It's tough to know for sure, but I would pick up an extra battery and start there. Good luck!
    06-27-2016 09:17 PM
    Initially, I would've thought battery. However, you are getting system errors, the phone not wanting to wake up, phone hanging on boot screen. I'm actually hopeful that it is the battery. If you can try another battery, try it. Although, If i were you, my main objective would be to get the phone on, and do a factory reset. Is your phone rooted? Have you modified anything on your phone recently, any big changes? Hard reset - with the phone off:
    Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
    When the phone vibrates, release the Home and Power buttons, but keep pressing Volume Up button.
    This will launch the Android Recovery System. You can release all buttons when this happens.
    From here, you can use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to make a selection.
    Select “wipe data / factory reset”.
    Select “Yes — delete all user data”.
    The process will take place. When done, just select “Reboot system now” to restart your device.

You need to get to that screen. Could be more than than one issue, could be battery AND something else. Thing is, with those errors and the phone hanging, i've had many phones and much battery swapping went on(orig, china, anker batts), that never caused any issues on the phone like what you're experiencing. Maybe with the phone plugged in, even if the battery is low or dead you can make it to that factory reset option. Worth a shot. I just got a Note 4 and having an issue myself...hopeful this phone isn't full of problems waiting to happen.
    06-28-2016 03:55 PM
    Also, Forgot to mention, if you can, take it to a sprint store or samsung store and ask if they can check it out. It could also be hardware, unfortunately.
    06-28-2016 03:57 PM