Problems with battery drain after Marshmallow and cache deletion.

albion01

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I updated my Note 4 to Marshmallow my battery only lasts about 2 to 3 hours after a fuill charge. Before the update I was getting 18 to 24 hours. I've tried deleting the cache, disabling all my radios, reducing brightness, removing apps, nothing seems to work and I really want a smartphone, not a door stop. All the things I've disabled are what make the phone functional. I downloaded GSam Battery Monitor and it tells me that Android System and Kernel have taken about 44% of the battery in 1h44m. I'm also noticing the phone rebooting when the battery is in the lower half of the charge and then telling me to plug it in because it's at 0%. Not to mention the phone is nearly to hot to touch.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Everyone is going to just tell you to do a factory reset. If all this stuff is happening after a software update and nothing else, that's probably your best bet. I'd at least boot into Safe Mode first and see if the battery drain is the same. Good luck to you

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
*big sigh* We'll see ya next month when it's done. :)

Trust me, I feel you... I have this horrible keyboard lag when texting in the default text app. Doesn't happen in FB messenger or any other text input field. No one has a solution but "do a hard reset". I'm dreading setting this phone up from square one again. It takes a long time :(

albion01

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset + delete cache worked like a charm. So far today I have only used 17% of my battery after a full charge and 6 hours. And a bonus that I was unaware of, Google Now Launcher remembers your launcher layout. The only thing I had to do after the reset was sign back into everything. Thanks for the help.