This morning I ran the latest software update (Marshmallow). After it restarted, it asked for my pattern to unlock my phone. I didn't have a pattern before, so not sure why it triggered this! I tried a few patterns, but all were unsuccessful and due to several attempts, its now for me to enter my back-up PIN--which I don't know!! How can I get back into my phone?? Verizon is no help and they say they have no idea why the screen pattern popped up after this update. They say factory reset is my only choice. Please someone help me!!!
    06-28-2016 02:37 PM
    Use Android device manager to lock the phone with your google account
    06-28-2016 02:48 PM
    Hi, please explain how the Android device manager will help this guest's question? They want to get into their phone (unlock), yet your advice is to use ADM to "lock" the phone. I'm having this same problem myself. Doesn't the phone have to be registered with ADM prior to using this feature in Google account? Please provide steps. Thank you.
    06-28-2016 04:15 PM
    You would lock it with your google account then unlock the phone with your google password. You would have to have a Google account on the phone before and adm setup

Directions are here :
    https://support.google.com/accounts/.../6160500?hl=en
    06-28-2016 04:49 PM
    I don't know if this will help. I also am on Verizon. When I did MM update I did a factory reset. When my phone finished resetting it showed my lock screen. I use fingerprint login and have a backup password. It prompted me to enter password because phone had been restarted. I did and phone opened for use. After that I only had to use fingerprint except when I did another soft reset (restart). When I do this it again prompts me to use password to open phone and after that it goes back to normal operation. This did not happen with lollipop but started with MM. Try doing a restart, not factory reset and see if you get the lock screen and prompt to enter password. I've never used pattern so I don't know if it has a password backup or just a PIN like it's asking you for.

The Fatyank
    06-28-2016 07:47 PM