Why is my Samsung Note 4 voicemail cutting out?

A

AC Question

The voicemail works fine on speaker mode, but if I press play and then bring the phone to my ear, the message cuts off/pauses after two or three seconds and I have to press play again. The only way to hear the message at my ear is to keep pressing play.

Verizon is my carrier, and it may be a coincidence, but I updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow just last night and then the problem started today.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks for your help.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine does that also. I am on att. The phone screen rotates when you bring it up to your face. This causes the puase/stop button to get pushed. It gets frustrating, especially since I can't always listen to messages on speaker phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The voicemail works fine on speaker mode, but if I press play and then bring the phone to my ear, the message cuts off/pauses after two or three seconds and I have to press play again. The only way to hear the message at my ear is to keep pressing play.

Verizon is my carrier, and it may be a coincidence, but I updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow just last night and then the problem started today.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks for your help.

I have the same exact problem. I can't listen to messages on speaker phone sometimes because the person is to quiet. I think it has something to do with the sensor that detects you're head when you bring the phone to your ear. It shuts the screen off while talking on the phone. I think the voice mail app is like YouTube... It won't play with the screen off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781