Hmmm...Verizon Note 4, Marshmallow 6.0, and the generic clock (w/Alarm, World Clock, Stopwatch, Timer functions) is somewhat...busted.

I use the timer for certain stretching exercises. Setting it for 30 seconds, hit "start", and she counts down just fine.

At "00" seconds the black/red screen begins counting up "minus" seconds (over the set 30) as normal, but hitting the "stop" button doesn't work - the button pulses, recognizing the input, but the timer continues counting "up" and will not stop unless the home key is pushed, and then the normal clock screen is displayed. "Stop"/"rest" under 30-second timer is running seem to work ok..

Tried wiping cache, Poor Man's Reboot of Restart, removing battery entirely for a while, but nothing changes. Is this a Marshmallow thing?

Marshmallow was downloaded 6/28 - anybody else seeing this glitch?

Cheers!
    07-01-2016 01:48 PM
    Hmmm...Verizon Note 4, Marshmallow 6.0, and the generic clock (w/Alarm, World Clock, Stopwatch, Timer functions) is somewhat...busted.

I use the timer for certain stretching exercises. Setting it for 30 seconds, hit "start", and she counts down just fine.

At "00" seconds the black/red screen begins counting up "minus" seconds (over the set 30) as normal, but hitting the "stop" button doesn't work - the button pulses, recognizing the input, but the timer continues counting "up" and will not stop unless the home key is pushed, and then the normal clock screen is displayed. "Stop"/"rest" under 30-second timer is running seem to work ok..

Tried wiping cache, Poor Man's Reboot of Restart, removing battery entirely for a while, but nothing changes. Is this a Marshmallow thing?

Marshmallow was downloaded 6/28 - anybody else seeing this glitch?

Cheers!
    You don't just tap the button to stop it- you have to slide it either right or left to stop it. Never used it before but just did to respond. I use MultiTimer as my timer app.

See the arrows?
    wm4 likes this.
    07-01-2016 01:58 PM
    Hah! Thanks, Srvctech, I been usin dat timer for eight weeks, just tappin' to stop it - Blond-boy here never noticed the arrrows...sheesh...creeping alzheimer's...

Must'v had faulty tapping form, using a lazy, sliding, glancing tap.
    srvctec likes this.
    07-01-2016 04:15 PM