AT&T Note 4 ,5 & gear 2 & gear s
    07-07-2016 09:13 AM

AT&T Note 4 ,5 & gear 2 & gear s
    I don't know if it's official, but it should be by the end of this month. That's what some forums have said.
    zaydabarber likes this.
    07-07-2016 09:21 AM
    I don't know if it's official, but it should be by the end of this month. That's what some forums have said.
    I will believe it when I see it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    07-07-2016 10:59 AM
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever believe that bull crap when it's said. NO ONE knows when it will be released. I've seen "reports" of it being released by the end of about 8 months straight now. Honestly, i'm not just saying this but I wouldn't be surprised at all to never see it released. It's been out for a year now and they haven't managed to optimize it by now? Yet everyone else has? I don't NEED the update, but AT&T is wildly incompetent and they're proving it this past few months. All I can say, is when it comes out it better have next to zero bugs.
    07-07-2016 12:43 PM
    It will happen the day after the day before it happens, and not a day before or after. And even then it'll probably be late.
    prebert likes this.
    07-07-2016 04:06 PM
    Idk all I can say is that I will never get another AT&T branded Android phone.
    Also mine won't hold a charge anymore so if they give me a hard time getting a warranty replacement I may just dump the phone completely.
    07-07-2016 05:32 PM
    Idk all I can say is that I will never get another AT&T branded Android phone.
    Also mine won't hold a charge anymore so if they give me a hard time getting a warranty replacement I may just dump the phone completely.
    Battery on mine lasted about a year. Bought a couple replacements of eBay for about $12 each. Way more cost effective than buying a new phone..

huntnyc likes this.
    07-07-2016 08:11 PM
    Battery on mine lasted about a year. Bought a couple replacements of eBay for about $12 each. Way more cost effective than buying a new phone..

I want the Note 7 pretty dang bad, but this is what concerns me. EVERYONE with the Note 4 had battery issues and had to replace them it seems. And if it lasted a year you were doing pretty good. The whole sealed battery thing worries me. How do we know the Note 7 won't just die at 30% after a year?
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-08-2016 08:59 AM
    I know. My camera doesn't work right either so the bad battery was just another tick against it.
    07-08-2016 12:08 PM
    I want the Note 7 pretty dang bad, but this is what concerns me. EVERYONE with the Note 4 had battery issues and had to replace them it seems. And if it lasted a year you were doing pretty good. The whole sealed battery thing worries me. How do we know the Note 7 won't just die at 30% after a year?
    I'm at 20 months on my first battery and the battery has been fine all along.

...knocks on wood. ..

Fuego and LegalAmerican like this.
    07-08-2016 08:17 PM

...knocks on wood. ..

Mine as well. I have a real Samsung spare with the usb charge case. Swapped them about 9 months ago and kept the original as a backup. I still love this phone... But I really like my wife's S6 Edge+
    07-08-2016 09:06 PM

...knocks on wood. ..

That's awesome. I'm in the opposite boat, unfortunately. I've had my device 21 months (albeit 2 warranty replacements, but I've used a Note 4 for 21 months) and I've had to two batteries go bad on me. I don't mind, because it's so easy to replace them. It just makes me worry about upgrading to a Note 7 with no removable batt.
    07-09-2016 04:05 PM
    +1

Posted via the Android Central App on ATT NOTE 4
    07-09-2016 11:19 PM
    That's awesome. I'm in the opposite boat, unfortunately. I've had my device 21 months (albeit 2 warranty replacements, but I've used a Note 4 for 21 months) and I've had to two batteries go bad on me. I don't mind, because it's so easy to replace them. It just makes me worry about upgrading to a Note 7 with no removable batt.
    I'm similarly concerned. I bought the OEM extra battery w/charger when I got the Note 4 in Oct. 2014, and by the end of 2015, both had started to crap out. Factory wipe/reset didn't help much. I bought a non-OEM battery, and that seemed better, but even it was never as good as the OEM batteries were when they were new. Then about a 2-3 months ago, I bought a new OEM battery direct from Samsung. It's never been as good as the original OEMs. (Right now, I'm down to 77% after being only 3 hours off the charger, with no real use at all -- I used to be ~60% 9 hours after being off charger under similar circumstances.) My wife's S7 with no removable battery does seem to be a workhorse battery-wise, but I've seen her drop pretty low at times.
    07-11-2016 08:19 AM
    I'm similarly concerned. I bought the OEM extra battery w/charger when I got the Note 4 in Oct. 2014, and by the end of 2015, both had started to crap out. Factory wipe/reset didn't help much. I bought a non-OEM battery, and that seemed better, but even it was never as good as the OEM batteries were when they were new. Then about a 2-3 months ago, I bought a new OEM battery direct from Samsung. It's never been as good as the original OEMs. (Right now, I'm down to 77% after being only 3 hours off the charger, with no real use at all -- I used to be ~60% 9 hours after being off charger under similar circumstances.) My wife's S7 with no removable battery does seem to be a workhorse battery-wise, but I've seen her drop pretty low at times.
    And also, her S7 is still new. The Note 4 was a workhorse as far as the battery goes as well in that amount of time. The true test is how her S7 will be in the middle of 2017. I guess the key is to get on these "Jump" plans or whatever, where you can upgrade more often than 2 years. I like to use my phone as long as possible but these batteries are making it harder and harder to last 24 months.
    07-11-2016 08:59 AM