I've had my Note 4 phone for about 18 months now. I was getting random restarts so I bought a new battery. Did a standard charge for the first two times, then went to fast charge. Everything works fine. I did notice that when I go to battery(settings), select "Fast Charging" and plug into a standard adapter, the Fast Charging grays out but is still selected(check marked). I change to my "Adaptive Fast Charger" adapter and it indicates the same. The charging adapters look physically different. Fast Charger is slightly longer. My phone seems to be charging just as fast with either adapter. Both charge it like they're Fast Chargers.
    So you're wondering what is wrong with me. I'm very happy this is happening but I don't understand why. All chargers and cables are Samsung products.

The Fatyank
    07-08-2016 01:43 PM
    Let's first define some words.

For a lithium battery, any charge over zero is "fast charge", but it usually refers to about 70%C (IOW, if the battery is rated at 1,000 mAh, "fast charge" is 700 mAh.) Anything over 100% C is risking fire and/or explosion.

But the term is used by different manufacturers to mean almost anything - "faster than our old charger", "faster than your charger", "almost 100%" - anything. (It's one of those meaningless advertising words.)

Measure the actual charging current (in Amps or mA) for each charger, both at the beginning of a charge at 30% and at close to the end of a 100% charge. Then, at least, we have a hope of speaking the same language.
    07-08-2016 01:52 PM