Any way to prevent marshmallow update?

lokster

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ive already disabled update but when im on wifi it starts downloading. How do i stop it from downloading ever?
Im happy with 5.1.1for now. I dont want to root my note 4 either. Anyway to prevent auto downloading and updating? Thanks

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello Synycalwon: I installed Package Disabler but there is no entry for "software update." I see system updates (Samsung) but not software. Could the software update be listed as something else? I too have NO interest in Marshmallow for my Note 4! Thank you for your help!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
@Synycalwon... The Block Knox and OTA is only for Kitkat. I don't think they updated it to run on LP. To fend off OTA, the files that need to be blocked are...

com.samsung.sdm"
com.policydm"

To the OP... At one time, Package Disabler Pro may have been able to block these, but they may have changed the app... there's a vague memory about something that was changed. In any case, see if the app has the above listed items as blockable... if so, block them. Also, OTA's are downloaded to the system cache before being installed, so what you should do is block the listed items, then enter recovery, and wipe the system cache.

Note... the above is only for blocking OTA. If you also want to block Knox, then there are other items that need to be blocked. Let us know if this is what you want to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz