I don't know whether to blame Google, Samsung, or Verizon, but this update has pretty well convinced me to go with an iPhone on my next update. I had to do a hard reset after the update to get my phone to work right. Battery life is still bad but at least I can get more than the 3 hours I was getting before the reset. I no longer have a choice of which apps I want as defaults, can't choose to use an app without setting it to default. Notifications are screwed up. Some very popular apps have trouble accessing the SD card. I have said for years I would NEVER get an iPhone but it sure looks like an attractive option now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-10-2016 03:59 PM
    Like to add a couple ...when taking out a USB flash drive you can no longer just pull down notifications and select the USB drive to unmount. You now must go into settings-storage-select drive and unmount.
    My gear S no longer will stay connected and is now a $300 paper weight.
    Intermittently disconnects from my car Sync system, Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth headphones.
    Samsung says they have a patch that verizon knows nothing about.
    My Note 4 was my favorite phone. If they don't fix marshmallow I will also be looking elsewhere.
    07-10-2016 04:13 PM
    I had to pay 150 for an insurance refurb
    07-10-2016 06:29 PM
    Agree...absolutely turned my flawless G4 into a pile. I don't know who to blame but I have VZ & MM. I actually can't wait to get rid of this phone now.
    07-10-2016 07:40 PM
    If other phones besides Samsung are having issues, it would be a Google problem. I did a factory reset too and the battery life is better, but not great. I don't make it through a whole day. But it still is better than an apple device. It will get better.
    07-10-2016 10:11 PM
    Same thing I said ate the lollipop update, and turns out the Note 4 is one of the longest owning devices I've ever had lol. Updating to marshmallow now...

07-11-2016 08:11 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Pure joy on my side after the update. Never had any problem with any version of Android with any cell I have owned. Knock on wood
    07-11-2016 11:13 AM
    My SM-N910F (the international, unlocked version) runs better than ever.

Sorry for your loss.
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-11-2016 12:04 PM
    You see, this is why I never understood why people are so anxious to get an OS update. When LP was promised to be released, the forum was jumping and complaining about when the update was to be released for their phone/carrier. It was a constant barrage of threads about LP this and that, where/what state, country, who was getting it, etc. When it finally got released, there were so many problems and people started complaining about how LP was a pig. Finally, when all the fixes got implemented, LP started looking like a good OS. The same thing is happening with MM. First people complain about how slow the update is at getting released, and now when it is, there are problems showing up. Massive problems! So now, people are complaining that MM is a pig! Certainly, I agree that moving stuff around in the OS just for the sake of doing it is pure stupidity on the part of Google/Samsung/carriers!

All these OS' are "betas" as far as I'm concerned... just like Windows OS'. Until the bugs get fixed, unfortunately people are going to have to suffer the consequences. It's sad to see people start hating their phone because of an OS update. The Note 4 isn't to blame, but certainly the software/Google/Samsung/Verizon... or any carrier that hasn't tested sufficiently before releasing the OS. Then again, it's a beta!

I'm glad that by the time the Note 4 was released, Kitkat was at 4.4.4. Had it had to go through all the iterations/updates of Kitkat, I would certainly have had my share of complaints. Kitkat will remain on my phone until it dies!

Sorry about your grief! I totally understand it reading all these MM threads!

For those who haven't updated to MM yet... don't do it until MM is much more matured.
    LabRat, Inders99 and tube517 like this.
    07-11-2016 03:35 PM
    No issues here,either my note 4 runs smooth

07-12-2016 10:57 PM

For those who haven't updated to MM yet... don't do it until MM is much more matured.
    It affected a ton of us G4 owners. And I agree with the beta concept, I said the same thing in the G4 forums months ago when we got the roll-out. It's not right and we should have the option of opting out of any update. I'm mad they don't give us the option to update or not, my G4 was the most monsterous phone I've ever owned...until the update. I went to bed with 35% average after 3-4 hours SOT, 1.5 hours phone. If I still have LP I wouldn't even consider a new phone...now I can't wait to dump the thing.
    nahoku likes this.
    07-13-2016 07:57 PM
    You see, this is why I never understood why people are so anxious to get an OS update. When LP was promised to be released, the forum was jumping and complaining about when the update was to be released for their phone/carrier. It was a constant barrage of threads about LP this and that, where/what state, country, who was getting it, etc. When it finally got released, there were so many problems and people started complaining about how LP was a pig. Finally, when all the fixes got implemented, LP started looking like a good OS. The same thing is happening with MM. First people complain about how slow the update is at getting released, and now when it is, there are problems showing up. Massive problems! So now, people are complaining that MM is a pig! Certainly, I agree that moving stuff around in the OS just for the sake of doing it is pure stupidity on the part of Google/Samsung/carriers!

All these OS' are "betas" as far as I'm concerned... just like Windows OS'. Until the bugs get fixed, unfortunately people are going to have to suffer the consequences. It's sad to see people start hating their phone because of an OS update. The Note 4 isn't to blame, but certainly the software/Google/Samsung/Verizon... or any carrier that hasn't tested sufficiently before releasing the OS. Then again, it's a beta!

I'm glad that by the time the Note 4 was released, Kitkat was at 4.4.4. Had it had to go through all the iterations/updates of Kitkat, I would certainly have had my share of complaints. Kitkat will remain on my phone until it dies!

Lol I always listen to this guy. His reasoning and advice tends to be sound. My Note Edge also realeased with KK and in my opinion was the best OS ever. Sprint forced my phone into a Lollipop update which not only screwed up a perfect os on a perfect phone, but it took away and restricted alot of options for the Edge panel that to this day are no longer available.

MM expanded on that and now here we are. If It were my choice, I would still be on KK but there are forces working that are beyond my control. I agree, NEVER move on to another os. If yours is working just fine, just roll with it. That's what I try to do.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    nahoku likes this.
    07-14-2016 08:14 AM
    I totally understand the frustration with Marshmallow.

A big issue it has caused is the WiFi problem on many makes/models.
    nahoku likes this.
    07-14-2016 08:25 AM
    No issues here,either my note 4 runs smooth

Same here. It feels like my Note is a new phone because of Marshmallow unlike lollipop which was a slow mess.
    TJA3500 and huntnyc like this.
    07-14-2016 08:32 PM
    Running fine so far on my replacement refurb
    07-14-2016 10:26 PM