I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 upgraded to Lollipop / Android 6. The screen seems have stopped working and doesn't display anything. But the phone rings, wifi connects to download messages, I hear Facebook pop sounds, etc. But there are several problems.

1) Can't unlock the phone because it has a pattern installed. I tried to trace the pattern or to answer the phone when someone calls. It looks like the screen is unresponsive.
    2) The USB connects, is recognized by the computer but doesn't show. Why? Probably because Lollipop now requires me to click "OK" or some new message to confirm I really, really want to all data transfer, something that wasn't an issue with the prior version of Android.
    3) As a result, I don't think it even matters if I could connect a video display using HDMI to the data input.

So... if the phone works but the screen doesn't, how does one get data off of a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that has a failed screen?
    07-11-2016 08:14 PM
    Fix the screen would be an option. Plenty of shops around that do it, or contact samsung and see what they charge.
    07-13-2016 11:04 AM
    My screen crapped out after the 6.01 update too. Like yours, I could hear it ring, vibtate, etc but I wasn't able to unlock it.

If you set 'remote controls' to 'on' under Security > Find My Mobile, you can use a computer or another cell phone to unlock your Note 4.

Findmymobile.samsung.com

Once it's unlocked, it'll show on your computer when connected via USB.
    huntnyc and melmc1403 like this.
    07-13-2016 12:55 PM