10-05-2016 04:52 PM
153 1234 ...
tools
    Exactly why the only two options for my next phone are a Nexus or an iPhone
    You haven't been paying attention if you think those two are perfect. Two years ago, Google released Lollipop. It made my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 unusable. The Nexus forums on here were full of complaints about that very same thing. Once they released 5.1.1, this two devices because somewhat useable but by then, I went back to KitKat. The Nexus 4 is too old and outdated for me to use now and once in awhile I still charge up the Nexus 7 just for phone.

iPhone forums are full of people also who swear they will wait till the current update has been out for awhile before they update, especially the X.0 versions. I myself have waited after reading all the complaints on Macrumors after a major update.

No one is perfect. No one.
    08-01-2016 03:08 AM
    You haven't been paying attention if you think those two are perfect. Two years ago, Google released Lollipop. It made my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 unusable. The Nexus forums on here were full of complaints about that very same thing. Once they released 5.1.1, this two devices because somewhat useable but by then, I went back to KitKat. The Nexus 4 is too old and outdated for me to use now and once in awhile I still charge up the Nexus 7 just for phone.

iPhone forums are full of people also who swear they will wait till the current update has been out for awhile before they update, especially the X.0 versions. I myself have waited after reading all the complaints on Macrumors after a major update.

No one is perfect. No one.
    I know they aren't perfect I had an iPhone 5 before I got the note 4 and iOS 7 caused some bugs but at least it got quick updates. I can over look a few bugs in early software updates I just appreciate the new features of the update.
    Also I was impressed with how Apple replaced the battery in my iPhone after almost 2 years.
    08-01-2016 08:10 PM
    I know they aren't perfect I had an iPhone 5 before I got the note 4 and iOS 7 caused some bugs but at least it got quick updates. I can over look a few bugs in early software updates I just appreciate the new features of the update.
    Also I was impressed with how Apple replaced the battery in my iPhone after almost 2 years.
    That's great, but there's always just as many stories of the opposite. Like mine earlier about my buddy being told by Apple that the update they pushed was a user modification and they wouldn't replace his bricked iPhone.
    08-02-2016 03:28 PM
    AT&T Finally Released Android 6.0 Marshmallow For Samsung! : Trending News : University Herald

According to this, Marshmallow is finally coming to AT&T Note 4, though the article doesn't provide an estimated release date. The wait continues......
    08-09-2016 11:34 AM
    AT&T Finally Released Android 6.0 Marshmallow For Samsung! : Trending News : University Herald

According to this, Marshmallow is finally coming to AT&T Note 4, though the article doesn't provide an estimated release date. The wait continues......
    Been hearing that for a long time now sadly
    08-09-2016 12:30 PM
    Yeah, shame on me for not digging a little deeper on this one. That article links to a Tech Times article, which states that AT&T confirmed via their online support forums that the Note 4 will be getting MM, but when you visit the AT&T forum (via the link provided by Tech Times), there is no mention of the Note 4.

Here's a link direct to the AT&T forum. You can see that the most recent update from an AT&T rep was Jul 13, 2016 and the Note 4 is not included. My bad on passing on bum scoop.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Ma...817255/page/50
    08-09-2016 12:52 PM
    This is wat makes me furious with Att.........shouldn't they be worried that they could and are probably losing customers because of their lack to update devices(note 4 specifically).....like its called competition, all other carriers have done it and here we are still lost as to wat the heck they are waiting for.......

Posted via the Android Central App on ATT NOTE 4
    08-09-2016 12:59 PM
    This is wat makes me furious with Att.........shouldn't they be worried that they could and are probably losing customers because of their lack to update devices(note 4 specifically).....like its called competition, all other carriers have done it and here we are still lost as to wat the heck they are waiting for.......

Spot on!

I have been with AT&T for 15+ years, and I have had Iphones, made the switch to Note 4 (love it) but sadly disappointed in AT&T in the support for them.
    DCBamBam likes this.
    08-09-2016 01:06 PM
    I've had sprint, Verizon and Att...they are by far the worst...and most expensive. Unfortunately in my area, their coverage is the best. Damn you!

Posted via the Android Central App
    DCBamBam and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-09-2016 05:47 PM
    This is shouldn't they be worried that they could and are probably losing customers

You'd think they would be, but they aren't. In a country that probably has over 200 million cell phone subscribers and there's only about 4 or 5 major providers to choose from, they aren't losing any sleep (or much money) over a few unhappy customers departing. Not to mention that for every disatisfied customer who leaves, another comes in and takes that space.

And of course there's the fact that while other carriers might do a better job with updates, they might also be inferior to AT&T in other aspects. So if you leave for another company there's going to be a trade off somewhere. Just comes down to what's most important to each person.

Personally, I think that AT&T offers the best coverage. I've lived all over the country and I've rarely had a problem with signal. And when I do, it's usually due to being out in BFE where no one gets signal. I value service reliability over OS updates, so I'll stick around....for now.
    DCBamBam and huntnyc like this.
    08-09-2016 10:44 PM
    Yea ur rite.......but u would think that they would at least say something mean while there are other post on AC about ohhhh ATT is doing this and doing that, note 7 was just introduced and we still dont have MM. i have to youtube ppl to see wat features i SHOULD have by now......

08-10-2016 04:39 PM
    i have a verizon note 4, and i got mm at least a month ago, maybe 2 months ago...that sucks with at@t,,,,thought they were better than that...i use to have t-mobile and the note 4 there,,,but i kept loosing pandora while riding my motorcycle...common problem with tmobile..not sure why
    08-11-2016 01:20 AM
    Apple, Microsoft and Google (Nexus) are doing it the right way and bypassing the carrier. The carriers should not be meddling in the OS. So far Microsoft has been offering the consumers the greatest deal of control out of them all.
    08-11-2016 01:29 PM
    When the time comes to move to the Note 7,I think I'll opt for an unlocked phone from Samsung and drop in my Att Sim card. No more waiting on att for updates, and no bloatware.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2016 01:43 AM
    When are they doing this? You can get a unlocked phone from Samsung?
    08-12-2016 09:23 AM
    At this time, Samsung hasn't announced any plans to sell a U.S. unlocked model of the Galaxy Note 7 in the same way that it currently does with the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Looking back at previous phone launches we'd expect it to take a few months for an unlocked model to arrive, so up until that point you're going to have to either purchase from a carrier, or buy an international model and import it to the U.S.
    You can, just not the Note 7 at the moment. Source link from quote: Where to buy the Galaxy Note 7 in the U.S. | Android Central

Since carriers don't subsidize anymore it's a no brainer to buy unlocked. The Galaxy S7 is available from Samsung and others unlocked though (Samsung gives the U.S. the perfect Galaxy S7 —*unlocked! | Android Central).
    08-13-2016 03:05 PM
    I also did a search on the AT&T forums to see whether or not it was out yet yesterday. When my Note 4 got bricked only a year and a half later, I went ahead and got a S7 Edge and really enjoyed using 6.01 especially since my Note 4 was stuck at 5.01 (resetting it and updating it was what killed it). However I still decided to send off my Note 4 to the Samsung Repair Center and 2 weeks later (yesterday) it came back looking and working like new but I thought it would of been updated to 6.0 by now. One of the reason I returned the awesome S7 Edge and almost pre-ordered the Note 7 was because of expecting my phone to be like new when it came back from repairs updated with 6.0...but at least I'm finally updated to 5.1.1...*sigh*
    08-13-2016 09:28 PM
    I said back in January in a different thread on here that I was confident I'd have the next Note in my hand before lousy AT&T was able to get their update pushed out. Sure enough, my Note ships today or tomorrow and still no Marshmallow on my Note 4. AT&T is really a piece of work. I don't care a ton about the update itself, but it just is amazing to me that every other carrier was able to get the update optimized weeks/months ago except AT&T. It really puts a good spotlight on their incompetence.
    08-17-2016 10:27 AM
    This is why, after 12 years, i've dumped AT&T. They don't give a damn about their customers, only their customer's money.
    08-19-2016 08:20 AM
    I said back in January in a different thread on here that I was confident I'd have the next Note in my hand before lousy AT&T was able to get their update pushed out. Sure enough, my Note ships today or tomorrow and still no Marshmallow on my Note 4. AT&T is really a piece of work. I don't care a ton about the update itself, but it just is amazing to me that every other carrier was able to get the update optimized weeks/months ago except AT&T. It really puts a good spotlight on their incompetence.
    This. This. This.

I don't need AT&T to be first when it comes to updates. I don't even care if they're last. What I do care about is timeliness. If AT&T was a month behind everyone else, no big deal. But this is ridiculous. This isn't an old phone. It's more than capable of handling the upgrade. In fact, they've released the upgrade for OLDER phones already (Hi, Galaxy S5).

I'm already starting to feel the impact of this. I reset my phone a few days ago and now I've got a couple of apps that won't install because they are no longer compatible. Not a huge deal because they weren't apps I used frequently, but I suppose it won't be long until apps I do use will no longer be compatible with Lollipop after future updates.
    08-19-2016 05:31 PM
    This is exactly how i feel all other carriers have updated their note 4 to MM and here we are on Att n still nothing, i said it before the least they could do is say on AC"hey guys where are having trouble or problems with ota updates, BUT ITS COMIN THOOOO" like i dont understand how they could think this is fine....
    08-22-2016 08:14 AM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T support he told me that if the note 4 haven't received MM update by now it want be getting it he had the note 4 himself and he was thinking same like us he also said that MM WAS updated to lg phone and it mess it up that might be reason that we want see MM update

AT&T Note 5 , Note 4 & Gear s
    08-24-2016 10:20 PM
    Bruhhh........smh wat lg phone was messed up my bro has the lg v10 n thats perfectly fine......n i havent heard of anything being wrong with any other lg phone
    08-25-2016 07:01 AM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T support he told me that if the note 4 haven't received MM update by now it want be getting it he had the note 4 himself and he was thinking same like us he also said that MM WAS updated to lg phone and it mess it up that might be reason that we want see MM update

AT&T Note 5 , Note 4 & Gear s
    It would be really stupid of AT&T to not release mm for the note 4.
    08-25-2016 11:08 AM
    It would be really stupid of AT&T to not release mm for the note 4.
    Correct, and also would be nice to hear a statement from them on why its taking so long.
    Kjthomas0724 likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:18 AM
153 1234 ...