Did AT&T forget about Marshmallow on the Note 4?

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
androidcentral.com said:
At this time, Samsung hasn't announced any plans to sell a U.S. unlocked model of the Galaxy Note 7 in the same way that it currently does with the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Looking back at previous phone launches we'd expect it to take a few months for an unlocked model to arrive, so up until that point you're going to have to either purchase from a carrier, or buy an international model and import it to the U.S.

You can, just not the Note 7 at the moment. Source link from quote: Where to buy the Galaxy Note 7 in the U.S. | Android Central

Since carriers don't subsidize anymore it's a no brainer to buy unlocked. The Galaxy S7 is available from Samsung and others unlocked though (Samsung gives the U.S. the perfect Galaxy S7 —*unlocked! | Android Central).

AznCajn

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I also did a search on the AT&T forums to see whether or not it was out yet yesterday. When my Note 4 got bricked only a year and a half later, I went ahead and got a S7 Edge and really enjoyed using 6.01 especially since my Note 4 was stuck at 5.01 (resetting it and updating it was what killed it). However I still decided to send off my Note 4 to the Samsung Repair Center and 2 weeks later (yesterday) it came back looking and working like new but I thought it would of been updated to 6.0 by now. One of the reason I returned the awesome S7 Edge and almost pre-ordered the Note 7 was because of expecting my phone to be like new when it came back from repairs updated with 6.0...but at least I'm finally updated to 5.1.1...*sigh*

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I said back in January in a different thread on here that I was confident I'd have the next Note in my hand before lousy AT&T was able to get their update pushed out. Sure enough, my Note ships today or tomorrow and still no Marshmallow on my Note 4. AT&T is really a piece of work. I don't care a ton about the update itself, but it just is amazing to me that every other carrier was able to get the update optimized weeks/months ago except AT&T. It really puts a good spotlight on their incompetence.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I said back in January in a different thread on here that I was confident I'd have the next Note in my hand before lousy AT&T was able to get their update pushed out. Sure enough, my Note ships today or tomorrow and still no Marshmallow on my Note 4. AT&T is really a piece of work. I don't care a ton about the update itself, but it just is amazing to me that every other carrier was able to get the update optimized weeks/months ago except AT&T. It really puts a good spotlight on their incompetence.
This. This. This.

I don't need AT&T to be first when it comes to updates. I don't even care if they're last. What I do care about is timeliness. If AT&T was a month behind everyone else, no big deal. But this is ridiculous. This isn't an old phone. It's more than capable of handling the upgrade. In fact, they've released the upgrade for OLDER phones already (Hi, Galaxy S5).

I'm already starting to feel the impact of this. I reset my phone a few days ago and now I've got a couple of apps that won't install because they are no longer compatible. Not a huge deal because they weren't apps I used frequently, but I suppose it won't be long until apps I do use will no longer be compatible with Lollipop after future updates.

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly how i feel all other carriers have updated their note 4 to MM and here we are on Att n still nothing, i said it before the least they could do is say on AC"hey guys where are having trouble or problems with ota updates, BUT ITS COMIN THOOOO" like i dont understand how they could think this is fine....

zaydabarber

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T support he told me that if the note 4 haven't received MM update by now it want be getting it he had the note 4 himself and he was thinking same like us he also said that MM WAS updated to lg phone and it mess it up that might be reason that we want see MM update

AT&T Note 5 , Note 4 & Gear s

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Bruhhh........smh wat lg phone was messed up my bro has the lg v10 n thats perfectly fine......n i havent heard of anything being wrong with any other lg phone

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T support he told me that if the note 4 haven't received MM update by now it want be getting it he had the note 4 himself and he was thinking same like us he also said that MM WAS updated to lg phone and it mess it up that might be reason that we want see MM update

AT&T Note 5 , Note 4 & Gear s

It would be really stupid of AT&T to not release mm for the note 4.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I am assuming that they think if they put if off long enough we will give up and go buy a Note 7. While I'd love to do that, not everyone can afford to go get the newest phone everytime one comes out.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
What sad is that I don't even have AT&T service. But because my phone is an unlocked att note I am still sitting here waiting. And I won't even get the update when it does come out. I have to take my phone to best buy and have them do it

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I hope it never comes. I hate how ATT forces OTA updates on its customers. I like my phone as is, don't go updating for me when I don't want it.

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
What sad is that I don't even have AT&T service. But because my phone is an unlocked att note I am still sitting here waiting. And I won't even get the update when it does come out. I have to take my phone to best buy and have them do it

Lol me too or well at least i dont use an actual att sim card i use h2o but as far as the best buy situation i had been using this same sim card for about 5 years now I had it n my note 3 which i could update via ota wen kitkat n lollipop came...n then i moved to my note 4 with the same sim card, n now i have to go to best buy to update it or i guess use kies.....smh i really love the note series honestly do......but this is really getn frustrating. I only left my note 3 because MM was comin out n it would reach my note4. As my wife has the s5 n she would also have MM. My little bro had the lgv10 n he has it. .....but here I am twirling my thumbs around waiting...

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Lol me too or well at least i dont use an actual att sim card i use h2o but as far as the best buy situation i had been using this same sim card for about 5 years now I had it n my note 3 which i could update via ota wen kitkat n lollipop came...n then i moved to my note 4 with the same sim card, n now i have to go to best buy to update it or i guess use kies.....smh i really love the note series honestly do......but this is really getn frustrating. I only left my note 3 because MM was comin out n it would reach my note4. As my wife has the s5 n she would also have MM. My little bro had the lgv10 n he has it. .....but here I am twirling my thumbs around waiting...

I have an unlocked AT&T note 4 on metro pcs. Metro is usually really slow at releasing updates but my daughters so got it months ago. Even my boyfriends lil cheap samsung phone already has it. So annoying

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I owned note 4 tmo and att. Switch to att note 4 ver 5.1.1 to use in cricket wireless for missing lte bands works great. Now this is wierd just got an updates on tmo note 4 to marsmallow and put a cricket sim im shock my 4g and low bar signal now is 4glte and full bar all the time. Missing bands on tmo is all software?. Now my tmo note 4 MM works better than att note 5.1.1.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Did AT&T forget about Marshmallow on the Note 4?

My note 4 last for 15hrs i turn off notification in app manager, app i dont need and BT disable the att bloatware. I chk my battery status time tio time. Regular use like FB email sometimes utube text voice call.
Your s5 i believe been two yrs my be you need a new battery in samsung.com i think $24.99.