I had a Galaxy Note 3 for over two years but several weeks ago I was forced to upgrade to a Note 4 due to an app compatibility with new hearing aids. I transferred all my ​accounts, contacts and apps and everything seemed to be fine until I got around to using OK Google. My voice is recognized and Google returns appropriate answers to the screen but no longer speaks any responses. I have spent hours searching the internet for a solution and I believe I literally have tried EVERY solution short of killing all my apps to find a rogue app and doing a factory reset. I am not eager to do that at this point since I understand that the Marshmallow release is "coming soon" (AT&T).
    Maybe I should just wait it out and see if a clean install of Marshmallow resolves the problem(?) Honestly, if I knew for certain that a factory reset would fix this I would probably do it anyway. I guess I am just skeptical.

Any confirmation from others with same hardware and carrier that they receive spoken response from OK Google or any thoughts or advice on a course of action would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pertinent information:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A (AT&T)
    Android Version 5.1.1
    Running Google Now Launcher
    Stock firmware - not rooted.

PS Google Maps speak directions as normal so I know it is not a speaker/volume issue.
    07-24-2016 03:53 PM
    Stupid question: do you have the media volume turned up? If not, you won't hear the spoken responses.

Not sure where Samsung puts it, but have a look at Settings -> Sounds & notifications.
    07-24-2016 04:33 PM
    Thank you for the suggestion but media volume is at greater than 75%.
    07-24-2016 05:17 PM
    Yes, thanks.
    07-24-2016 06:37 PM
    Check taht your hearing aids in bluetooth settings, are set as Media devices in addition to headset.
    07-25-2016 02:09 AM
    No accessibility settings are not configured for the hearing aids.
    Thanks for the suggestion though!
    07-25-2016 08:09 AM
    I assume you are testing phrases that returned voice in the past?

For example, if I say "OK Google ... two plus two equals", I get a voice reply, "The answer is four."

However, many other phrases simply take me to search results page with no voice reply at all.
    07-25-2016 08:29 AM
    Yes. Simple questions like "What is the current temperature?" or "Will it rain today?" bring up the weather on screen but nothing is spoken.
    I just realized that previous commands that had voice responses on my Note 3 like "OK Google, Set timer for 5 minutes" used to have a voice response acknowledgement but not with the Note 4. (Time is still set and it works but no voice feedback.)
    07-25-2016 10:55 AM
    After many many hours of changing settings suddenly and inexplicably "OK Google" spoke to me this morning. Thank you to all who suggested causes and solutions to my problem. I do not think I have changed anyt settings in the last 24 hours, essentially I had given up.
    I am sorry this will not be of ant help to anyone else but wish you luck in resolution of any issues you encounter. Thanks again!
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-26-2016 08:52 AM
    When this happened did you get an update to the Google Search app
    08-02-2016 06:42 PM
    No. I did not.
    08-02-2016 07:45 PM