Have a Samsung Note 4 and one day the Ethernet and bluetooth stopped working. tried all the software fixes but it appears to be physical in nature. From what i've read the wireless/bluetooth chip is toast. I plan to get a new phone and currently LTE is the only way to connect, i want to pass this phone to my son for learning games but need some kind of network access to install/uninstall. Is there a way to use a micro-usb Ethernet adapter? items from plugable.com don't appear to compatible with the Note 4. I know i'm not the only one and once service goes out on this phone it will become a brick. Everything works and continue to use it but no wife/bluetooth makes it tough to upgrade.

looking for a device i can purchase to get network access to install updates and new apps. The risk of opening this to replace the actual chip is not cost effective and risk is high to just break it.

any guidance or links would be helpful or even a straight answer that it's not possible at all would help.
    thank you!
    07-25-2016 04:33 PM
    tried all the software fixes
    Not sure what this means. Have you tried Safe Mode and/or tried a factory reset? If the problem is related to a 3rd party app, then running in safe mode may tell you that. If that doesn't work then a factory reset may be in order. Be sure to backup all data you care about before you choose to factory reset.
    07-25-2016 10:03 PM
    First thank you for the response. I tried everything to factory reset and safemode. No 3rd party apps, just vanilla. I also thought a factory reset would help but it did not. At this point something to give network access via the USB port would help so when i cut off service it can still be useful.

i appreciate it.
    07-25-2016 10:15 PM
    The last repair attempt would be to reflash the OS. However, if it is hardware, then of course it won't do anything. I would still try it if you haven't already. Nothing really to lose since the phone will soon be taken off data connection.

If the games you want to install are free, then you can always sideload the app. Places like ApkPure mirrors playstore for most apps and most are also up to date. However, you won't be able to purchase the app through their website... well, I've never tried it but it makes sense that you couldn't without internet access. I actually use ApkPure for sideloading almost any app I use. Never had a problem with the site and their reputation is very good. However, as a warning, always beware of non-playstore apk sites.

As for the adapter you're looking for, a Google search hasn't turned up anything promising. Seems they're mostly made for tablets, and the OS needs to support ethernet connection. I assume you must have had similar search results, hence your query.
    07-26-2016 02:09 AM