Developer options are not available for this user

jargarbo

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I have activated developer options with my note 4 and using marshmallow as well. I wanted to activate USB debugging and when i did phone restarted and now i can't access developer options anymore, i couldn't access my previous apps not sure what happened. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What profile or user is the phone logged into? Swipe down the notification panel and tap the user avatar in the upper right or left corner.

jargarbo

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy

I don't have any other profile in the phone as if I'm not mistaken there's no other profile options with SGNote 4. Now I noticed as well that I don't get any drop down notification, I cannot use the previous / running app button on the left side. To exit the app I'm using I have to use the back button. If I pull down the upper tab It'll only show the short cut apps and the top most tab is greyed out. Not really sure what happened here.:'(

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy

I don't have any other profile in the phone as if I'm not mistaken there's no other profile options with SGNote 4. Now I noticed as well that I don't get any drop down notification, I cannot use the previous / running app button on the left side. To exit the app I'm using I have to use the back button. If I pull down the upper tab It'll only show the short cut apps and the top most tab is greyed out. Not really sure what happened here.:'(
Welcome to the forums. This sounds very similar to the problem reported in this other thread. Take a look and see if the solutions included work for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=659407

jargarbo

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Ok, try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

Thank you for the reply. I'll try the other one first whatever happened to the S7 stuff and if that didn't work... I'll try the master reset.

Welcome to the forums. This sounds very similar to the problem reported in this other thread. Take a look and see if the solutions included work for you.

S7 Edge not showing notifications in tray and "recent apps" button and settings button dnt work - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Hi Javier... That's the actual thing that happened to my phone but not sure why that has to happened. Like i searched all over google and seems like no one had experienced that. I'm gonna try that on my phone now and will get back if this thing works. Thanks!

The S7 edge issue and how they resolved it helped in my Note 4 issue as well! Not sure what with nova launcher how in the hell it helped us out of that sticky situation... But it helped! Thanks very much every one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The S7 edge issue and how they resolved it helped in my Note 4 issue as well! Not sure what with nova launcher how in the hell it helped us out of that sticky situation... But it helped! Thanks very much every one!
Glad it helped! It's a weird bug affecting a few users and different devices after Marshmallow. It's related to the setup wizard and the easiest fix is running the initial setup again. Nova launcher just gives an easy access to this process through a widget.

In some phones you can fix some of this problems switching to 'guest user' and back to 'owner', but Samsung removed this option.

jargarbo

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Glad it helped! It's a weird bug affecting a few users and different devices after Marshmallow. It's related to the setup wizard and the easiest fix is running the initial setup again. Nova launcher just gives an easy access to this process through a widget.

In some phones you can fix some of this problems switching to 'guest user' and back to 'owner', but Samsung removed this option.

Wow. Unbelievable! Nova launcher helped so much. Good thing I'm using nova launcher as my normal launcher so don't need to download it. Thanks so much for the help! ☺

1kajuja

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
its FRP

I have activated developer options with my note 4 and using marshmallow as well. I wanted to activate USB debugging and when i did phone restarted and now i can't access developer options anymore, i couldn't access my previous apps not sure what happened. Please help.

it's Factory reset protection into action without F reset maybe you tried to connect your phone to pc without unlocking have faced this on Moto phones and on Nexus 5x

Prashant Talekar

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi I am having Moto g3 and it's having same problem like no notification windows get scroll down and no home key n application view key is working , also it's showing not available this option for this user in developer mode . What should I do ? Please help

Can u provide me any link which will help me out

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Those instructions work for different phones. Before restarting the setup wizard try this. Go to settings - users and switch to 'guest'. See if the notifications work. Switch back to 'owner' and check the notification shade again. If it works it means you have that same bug and restarting the setup wizard should fix it.

vinod rudola

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site

Thanks a lot Javier P.It worked like a charm(switching user trick).:)

Bernice Bekker

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site

Hi I have the exact same problems and more, firstly the switch user doesn't open either and my phone glitches as if it's got some kind of software problem but everything is up to date, PLEASE HELP with the link that worked, I have a DOOGEE X60L . I really don't want to have to do factory reset because all my music media is stored to the device and can't back it up to my P.C due to the developer gone wrong .

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have the exact same problems and more, firstly the switch user doesn't open either and my phone glitches as if it's got some kind of software problem but everything is up to date, PLEASE HELP with the link that worked, I have a DOOGEE X60L . I really don't want to have to do factory reset because all my music media is stored to the device and can't back it up to my P.C due to the developer gone wrong .
Welcome to the forums. What steps have you tried so far? This is an old thread so it's possible that you are experiencing a different issue.