Hi guys, hopefully someone here can help me with my problem.
    I recently purchased a refurbished galaxy note 4 (sm-n910f) model, which is currently on version 5.0.1. I have heard that the note 4 can run android 6 on it. But when I go to software update section, it keeps telling me "process failed" after trying to register device. I have already signed into the Samsung account, so has nothing to do with that. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can resolve this problem of Android 6 not installing. Whether that be flashing a custom rom that's based on Android 6 Or can you install the standard currrnt version of touch wiz on it? And is there an idiots guide to doing this? Also I have noticed that there is no bluetooth tethering on this phone. Another feature I I own exists on the phone, but I've heard of networks disabling certain features on phones worldwide. I think it might have been a t-mobile one, as the ring tone Is currently the t-mobile tune.
    Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Ben
    07-29-2016 12:35 PM
    DO NOT upgrade to Android 6.0.1. I don't know if you have used Android before, but every time an Android updates to a new operating system (in this case, Marshmallow), it is a total [language redacted by Mod]. I did, and my phone did not work anymore. It was freezing, lagging, rebooting; the whole 9 yards of Droid failure. I had to reset my phone and lose ALL OF MY DATA in order to simply just use the phone. And even yet, I don't even know if my phone will continue to work tomorrow. I suggest steering clear of Android and go with iPhones. This problem does NOT happen there. I have an iPad on the latest iOS.
    07-30-2016 08:41 PM
    Duplicate--please see discussion in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5288561. Thread closed.

And I categorically disagree with ericmazariegos, but this isn't the Phone Wars forum.
    belodion likes this.
    07-30-2016 08:52 PM