My wife and I found a stellar deal (under $400 each) on 2 new-in-box Note 4 International editions (SM-N910C) with the Exynos processor. We actually tried the Note 5's last year when they came out but decide to stick with our iPhone 6's at the time. As time wore on, we started to get the itch to get back to the Note series after nearly a year with Note3's.
    Knowing these devices were just upgraded to Marshmallow, we are hopefully not losing out on much with skipping out on the 5 and 7.
    Anyone else recently purchase the Note 4? Likes/dislikes? Ours will be delivered tonight!
    08-03-2016 04:00 PM
    Even by today's standards the Note 4 is still a VERY capable device, so not a bad purchase at all! And now that they have Marshmallow, even better. Only thing I'd miss is the 'Pro' mode on the camera. That thing is sweeeeet since the Note 5.
    jiden77 likes this.
    08-03-2016 04:52 PM
    I bought the same unlocked international version February of this year (with a build date of January 2016!) ... feels fresh on Marshmallow + Good Lock UI, not missing out on anything the Note 5 had from what I can tell anyway.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    jiden77 likes this.
    08-03-2016 06:54 PM
    I plan on keeping my Note 4 for at least another year. It's even faster since the Marshmallow update, I use the IR blaster everyday and have 4 batteries to swap out so no worries about battery life. I also have the wireless charging back cover so I'm not missing out on that feature.

The 4 is still such an awesome phone I really can't justify getting anything else.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jiden77 and SteveZ494 like this.
    08-03-2016 11:20 PM
    Nothing wrong with the Note 4 as a phone today. You can still order that Note 4 and Note Edge on the T-Mobile website. I still like using mine.
    jiden77 likes this.
    08-04-2016 02:25 AM
    I bought the same unlocked international version February of this year (with a build date of January 2016!) ... feels fresh on Marshmallow + Good Lock UI, not missing out on anything the Note 5 had from what I can tell anyway.

Where to buy 910C new? Does it work on T-mobile?

08-04-2016 03:25 AM
    Where to buy 910C new? Does it work on T-mobile?

Check out B&H that's where I got mine, brand new with 1 year warranty. The product page should give you an idea on network compatibility. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cUvbUpU5299829

You can also check out http://willmyphonework.net/ for network coverage.

huntnyc likes this.
    08-04-2016 03:45 AM
    We had a promo code and got ours in B&H as well. Great cust service. We are on AT&T
    08-04-2016 11:02 AM
    I plan on keeping my Note 4 for at least another year. It's even faster since the Marshmallow update, I use the IR blaster everyday and have 4 batteries to swap out so no worries about battery life. I also have the wireless charging back cover so I'm not missing out on that feature.

The 4 is still such an awesome phone I really can't justify getting anything else.

As a fellow Note 4 owner, I totally agree!
    huntnyc, jiden77 and d-signer like this.
    08-04-2016 02:39 PM
    My favourite is the S-pen with S Note. It is like having lots of notebooks in your hand.

There are some YouTube videos of "100 tips for" "100 great things about" Note 4 that I watched when I got mine. I'd really recommend watching them while you wait for delivery / when you get it. (Sorry, I don't have 10 posts yet, so can't put in the links).
    I found them really helpful, and made using the phone that much easier & more productive.

I'm sure you will really enjoy using it - it's still a leading edge phone even though it was released some time ago -which goes to show just how good it is.
    huntnyc and jiden77 like this.
    08-05-2016 12:32 PM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention - Don't forget to download some of the free apps in the Samsung Galaxy Store!

There is extensive music creation software, and also Sketchbook for Galaxy (sort of like having Photoshop on your phone) that, with the S-pen, turns the 5.7 inch screen into a mobile mini graphics tablet!
    jiden77 and huntnyc like this.
    08-05-2016 12:35 PM
    As a fellow Note 4 owner, I totally agree!
    Same here.
    I was initially apprehensive about getting it, as it was so different to previous devices (Blackberry), but have never looked back.
    It isn't the kind of phone where you think "Can my phone do X?" but instead think "How does my phone do X?".

One other amazing thing it does well is as a Heads Up Display speedometer while driving (with appropriate app, of course) - that 5.7" screen is pure gold!
    jiden77 and huntnyc like this.
    08-05-2016 12:46 PM
    My favourite is the S-pen with S Note. It is like having lots of notebooks in your hand.

There are some YouTube videos of "100 tips for" "100 great things about" Note 4 that I watched when I got mine. I'd really recommend watching them while you wait for delivery / when you get it. (Sorry, I don't have 10 posts yet, so can't put in the links).
    I found them really helpful, and made using the phone that much easier & more productive.

I'm sure you will really enjoy using it - it's still a leading edge phone even though it was released some time ago -which goes to show just how good it is.
    Yes, this guy on Techisode TV does a great job. This might be the one you were referring to
    d-signer likes this.
    08-05-2016 02:09 PM
    Thanks for all of the great replies. Yeah, I think the biggest transition will be getting out from the iMessage and FaceTime portion of the Apple ecosystem. I know there are plenty of alternatives to choose from, but it's getting my aging in-laws and some friends on board, who own nothing but Apple. We really love the phones and all of our other "ecosystem" pieces are in Google's world. Additionally, we are trying to get out of that financially prohibitive habit of having the "latest and greatest" device, recognizing how much the smartphone market is beginning to plateau and there are still some great devices to be had that are nearing the two year old mark.
    huntnyc, AXEL314 and d-signer like this.
    08-05-2016 02:14 PM
    Yeah, I think the biggest transition will be getting out from the iMessage and FaceTime portion of the Apple ecosystem. I know there are plenty of alternatives to choose from, but it's getting my aging in-laws and some friends on board, who own nothing but Apple.
    Be sure to de-register your phone number from iMessage. Otherwise any texts sent to you from Apple devices thinking you use iMessage will be sent using iMessage instead of SMS and you won't hear from them. At least that is what I have heard from others who have switched.

We recently had to switch my daughter to an iPhone because all of her friends had them and there was no way to communicate from FaceTime to anything non-Apple. So if you actually FaceTime, it may be a bit of a push to get them to load Hangouts, Skype, or any one of the many cross-platform video chat services.
    jiden77 likes this.
    08-05-2016 04:43 PM
    Be sure to de-register your phone number from iMessage. Otherwise any texts sent to you from Apple devices thinking you use iMessage will be sent using iMessage instead of SMS and you won't hear from them. At least that is what I have heard from others who have switched.

We recently had to switch my daughter to an iPhone because all of her friends had them and there was no way to communicate from FaceTime to anything non-Apple. So if you actually FaceTime, it may be a bit of a push to get them to load Hangouts, Skype, or any one of the many cross-platform video chat services.
    Yes, that's our biggest worry. We've already fallen into the iMessage hole even though we turned off iMessage, FaceTime and deregulate red manually. Individual text messages are fine but group messaging is a disaster. We are having to contact everyone who has us in a group iMessage and have them delete their thread. Uhg
    08-05-2016 07:24 PM
    Yes! That's one of the videos. There are some other useful vids on speeding up the Note4, to avoid some possible issues.

<-- It can detect a baby monitor or doorbell!
    huntnyc and jiden77 like this.
    08-06-2016 08:19 AM
    I had the Note 3 and loved it ! Decided to get the Note 5 when it came out. Had it for 4 days and took it back because I couldn't deal with the fact that you couldn't change out the battery. I always carried around a couple extra for my Note 3 in my purse. I also hated that there was no memory slot. I exchanged it for a LGV10 which is a really nice phone. I've had it for a few months but was just really missing my Note phone. I was really hoping the Note 7 would have a interchangeable battery but it didn't and that was a deal breaker for me. SO a few days ago I ordered a Note 4 from TMobile and so far I love it. I hate that I probably have the last Note with a changeable battery
    huntnyc and natehoy like this.
    08-07-2016 04:29 PM