S pen activating while inserted

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody else having this problem? About half the time I press my back button it somehow "activates" my S Pen while it's still inserted/sheathed and vibrates my phone. Sometimes it even activates the Action Memo pop-up. It's getting pretty annoying, especially when it gets stuck like that for a few seconds and keeps vibrating and/or bringing up the Air Command. I've taken out and re-inserted the pen all the way multiple times, and even used a dust remover in the pen hole.

Seems mighty suspicious to me that this and other problems (overheating, random restarts, vibrating on it's own without notifications) have all started happening a month before my 2 year contract is up and days before the pre-order for the Note 7

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Try entering recover and doing a wipe of the Cache Partition. You may also consider a full factory reset.

Was your phone dropped or exposed to liquid?

Hope this helps!

Chris

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've done the cache partition wipe several times already. No exposure to liquid, but it's been dropped a few times but nothing drastic. I would like to avoid a factory reset, there must be something hardware related considering it happens when I press hard in that area

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
You might try borrowing someone's S Pen... maybe the magnet in the pen moved due to a pen drop or something. Long shot but better it than the phone.

By the way, I thought you went to a Note 5?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
No that wasn't me, my two year contract isn't up until next month. Not sure if I'm going to upgrade to the 7 though, I can't let go of a replaceable battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang