Saturday morning I woke up to a battery with only 30 percent remaining. Figuring I had just knocked the cord loose from the charger, I checked the connection. The connection was good bit my phone still would not charge. I shut the phone off and plugged it in and it showed the large empty battery icon and would vibrate every few seconds and not charge.

I tried charging my tablet on the same charger and it worked. I ordered a new battery and external charger from Amazon which arrived on Sunday hoping that maybe I just had a bad battery, no luck.

I did perform a factory reset, which I'm sure I was long overdue for, but it did not fix the problem.

This morning, I got into my work Truck and put my note on my Ibolt dock and plugged it in. It began charging and continued to charge any time I plugged in the dock throughout the day. I just got home and plugged in a charging cord and it is still not charging.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try. I'd hate to get a replacement phone because besides this problem, the phone works great.
    08-08-2016 05:27 PM
    Saturday morning I woke up to a battery with only 30 percent remaining. Figuring I had just knocked the cord loose from the charger, I checked the connection. The connection was good bit my phone still would not charge. I shut the phone off and plugged it in and it showed the large empty battery icon and would vibrate every few seconds and not charge.

I tried charging my tablet on the same charger and it worked. I ordered a new battery and external charger from Amazon which arrived on Sunday hoping that maybe I just had a bad battery, no luck.

I did perform a factory reset, which I'm sure I was long overdue for, but it did not fix the problem.

This morning, I got into my work Truck and put my note on my Ibolt dock and plugged it in. It began charging and continued to charge any time I plugged in the dock throughout the day. I just got home and plugged in a charging cord and it is still not charging.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try. I'd hate to get a replacement phone because besides this problem, the phone works great.
    Have you tried changing the battery?
    08-08-2016 06:46 PM
    My suspicion would be that the battery charger that is not charging it has a problem, since another charger works. Your tablet may be less fussy about chargers for some reason.

Have you tried another charger and another cable at home?
    08-11-2016 08:50 AM
    I've tried a half dozen different chargers. Actually, the tablet has always been more fussy about chargers.
    08-11-2016 01:10 PM
    don't know why but it worked on my note 4--
    suddenly my note 4 would not fully charge--tried all of the internet 'fixes'--got a new battery--same problem just charging to 50 or 60 percent--went to verizon and they had me jump through more hoops--they finally gave me a new phone--it had the same problem--went back and they did the same stuff to no avail--i then thought i would stick with it until a new one came out--i bought a stand-alone battery charger [10 bucks]--i figured i would always have a batt to put in--i charged the battery in the new charger which indicated full but no actually percentage--i put it in the phone and it said 100 percent--that night i charged the phone and it went to 100 percent--i put in the other battery and it also charges to 100 percent----now the only thing that was changed is that i put in a 'really fully charged' battery, from the extra charger--it seems to have "reset something" possibly in the battery itself to do this--i cannot figure out anything else--It also restates that the people at the cell companies are no techs--they go by some process grid to solve problems--they have no ability to reason an outcome--not their fault----one last note--you might think that the new phone should have worked--remember they give you a 'new' phone but the battery and stylus are transferred to the 'new' phone--so apparently the problem was transferred to the 'new' phone--hhh
    05-16-2017 06:17 PM