Settings/Accounts/Google

I want to adjust the sync settings for one of my Google accounts, but when I tap on Google the screen goes black and I get the "Unfortunatley, settings has stopped" message. Then it just takes me back to the settings menu.

Only Google is affected by this. I can adjust settings for all of my other linked accounts. I can add a new Google account with no problem, but can't adjust settings. Cleared cache, rebooted my phone. Still no change. Any suggestions?
    08-12-2016 12:57 PM
    Have you disabled any Google apps which might be required to process the account settings? That could cause whet you see.

Larry
    08-12-2016 01:23 PM
    I have the same problem. I have disabled a lot of stuff with Samsung Package Disabler and have tried to reactivate them again so nothing is disabled but settings for the google account still won't start.

Following......
    08-13-2016 12:15 PM
    Ok, I think I found out why this is happening and how to work around it (no current solution available). It's not due to disabling native Google apps. I've had Play Movies, Play Books, etc disabled since day 1 with this phone and never had a problem.

If you're on AT&T like I am, then there's something with the latest version of Google Play Services that is screwing this up. Why? Because the latest version of GPS was built around Marshmallow, not Lollipop. And since AT&T is the only carrier that hasn't updated the Note 4 to 6.0, Note 4 users are stuck with this glitch.

So the only real solution is for AT&T to quit messing around and give us an update. Or I guess you could side load an old .apk version of GPS if you have one. Maybe that works.

The work around for this is to open the stock gallery and go to the settings menu. There you will find a list of your Google accounts and can open each one and adjust sync settings as you wish.
    08-14-2016 01:27 PM
    Settings/Accounts/Google

I want to adjust the sync settings for one of my Google accounts, but when I tap on Google the screen goes black and I get the "Unfortunatley, settings has stopped" message. Then it just takes me back to the settings menu.

Only Google is affected by this. I can adjust settings for all of my other linked accounts. I can add a new Google account with no problem, but can't adjust settings. Cleared cache, rebooted my phone. Still no change. Any suggestions?
    11-15-2016 08:50 PM
    For me, the issue was corrected when AT&T finally updated the Note 4 to Marshmallow...so it was only a few weeks I think from the time I noticed the problem until the update came out.

I am somewhat concerned that there could be a repeat issue as Nougat rolls out to more and more phones. Maybe the last time was an isolated incident. I don't know...I hope so. I do know that since the Note 7 crashed and burned, I intend on waiting another year+ to get the 8 so it's pretty important to me that updates from Google are 100% compatible with this phone. Granted, this little hiccup wasn't crippling by any means, but for the obscene amount of money we spend on these things, I don't think it's too much to ask that the basic, built in functions work properly.
    11-16-2016 10:00 AM