6.0.1 update got rid of Grayscale Screen!!! Anyone know why?

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: workaround solution as of Post #7; also Samsung's generic reply is essentially "it happens...we can choose to take away features for something you bought from us..."

I only recently got the Note 4 and love it.
I particularly loved the Grayscale screen option found under PowerSaving options. This was a selling point for me. As an avid reader, the Note 4 is terrific for reading but that requires a lot of screen on time even on low brightness and thus battery drain. I found the Grayscale screen very pleasant while reading and a power saver with screen on. It was also a good feature when needing to save battery but wanting to use normal features.

Now, the Marshmallow update which I like no longer has this feature. It's only under Ultra Power Saver which is not good for normal use as the apps I used with Grayscale are not available in Ultra Power Saver. That's really more for turning it into a basic old-style cellphone.
Power saving has now changed to no longer let the user pick which options it activates (or deactivates). It's all or nothing. It only dims the color screen which I can do. They didn't move it as a simple option to under Display either.

Does anyone know if this is the case with all phones and Marshmallow and thus a change by Google, or is this something Samsung chose to eliminate (or overlooked) in the update? I figure this wasn't something Verizon cared about changing, but then again...

I don't understand why they would eliminate a feature like that.

Last edited:

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
You can still put your device in grayscale mode by enabling Developer options and changing the setting in simulate color space to monochromacy <br />
<br />
dc2bef8fd56d85e9ce60832cd1089394.jpg

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok that last post was from a reply I made to a similar post earlier, I tried to copy and paste it, but the full post didn't show. I will try again!
9d7bd62d9b477eb289fcecf85e4cf3d6.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay