When browsing the web or going on Youtube my temperature usually maxes out at 38-42 degrees celsius. Then goes down to 30-31 when idling. Are these temperatures normal or not. I just got my phone yesterday (August 21).
    08-21-2016 07:00 PM
    Mod note: Moved to Note 4 forum.
    belodion likes this.
    08-21-2016 07:53 PM
    Are you wondering if the phone is too hot or too cold? The temps you posted are quite cool.

These are my temps in "F"... sorry, you'll have to convert them yourself.

Idle...
    Attachment 236560

After ~30 minutes of Riptide2
    Attachment 236561
    08-22-2016 01:02 AM
    While browsing the web, temperatures should not be this much high. Around 30-32 degree celsius is fine. While watching YouTube videos, a little bit increase is acceptable by 1 or 2 degrees.
    And while gaming, well, it may reach 40 degrees, but it's normal.
    I think some rogue app (if you have installed any since yesterday) in your phone may be causing these high temperatures even during normal usage. Monitor all the apps on your phone through battery monitor in battery settings. Also, I would suggest you to do a 'Wipe Cache Partition' from Recovery Menu.
    This fixes most of such type of issues.

Even after that temperatures remain high, especially for normal usage, then do a hard Factory Reset via Recovery menu.
    I have been using Note 4 for more than a year now. Sometimes, I also experienced this high temp. problem on Lollipop while carrying out normal tasks like browsing.
    But Marshmallow fixed everything, it seems.
    Since you have got your phone yesterday only, it must obviously be on Android Marshmallow.
    Moreover, give it some time (a week or two) to settle :-)
    08-22-2016 11:29 AM
    While browsing the web, temperatures should not be this much high. Around 30-32 degree celsius is fine. While watching YouTube videos, a little bit increase is acceptable by 1 or 2 degrees.
    And while gaming, well, it may reach 40 degrees, but it's normal.
    I think some rogue app (if you have installed any since yesterday) in your phone may be causing these high temperatures even during normal usage. Monitor all the apps on your phone through battery monitor in battery settings. Also, I would suggest you to do a 'Wipe Cache Partition' from Recovery Menu.
    This fixes most of such type of issues.

Even after that temperatures remain high, especially for normal usage, then do a hard Factory Reset via Recovery menu.
    I have been using Note 4 for more than a year now. Sometimes, I also experienced this high temp. problem on Lollipop while carrying out normal tasks like browsing.
    But Marshmallow fixed everything, it seems.
    Since you have got your phone yesterday only, it must obviously be on Android Marshmallow.
    Moreover, give it some time (a week or two) to settle :-)
    I was given my Note 4 as a freebie, but I too face these temperature issues, and they cause the battery to drain literally about 1% every two minutes. I thought my battery was bad and purchased a new one directly from Samsung and although the phone now stays cooler with simpler tasks, this thing gets hot very fast. Upon further inspection, I noticed this thing may have once been refurbished, and I was correct. I took it apart and inspected it for water damage, but it has none. Is this phone really THAT hot? I know the S805 is super hot as is as I was once a Nexus 6 owner, but I'll be damned if you can actually fry food on the mainboard...
    09-07-2016 05:01 AM
    I was given my Note 4 as a freebie, but I too face these temperature issues, and they cause the battery to drain literally about 1% every two minutes. I thought my battery was bad and purchased a new one directly from Samsung and although the phone now stays cooler with simpler tasks, this thing gets hot very fast. Upon further inspection, I noticed this thing may have once been refurbished, and I was correct. I took it apart and inspected it for water damage, but it has none. Is this phone really THAT hot? I know the S805 is super hot as is as I was once a Nexus 6 owner, but I'll be damned if you can actually fry food on the mainboard...
    Download Aida64 and post your temps. If the phone had water damage, then it's likely damaged somewhere even if you can't see it. Could be just a small cap or diode blown, but it would be enough to cause high temps.
    09-07-2016 02:58 PM