Should I updated to mm on T-Mobile

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 changes that are just poorly thought out.
First is setting defaults. MM now forces a default selection for any app. An example...I use several video players. Once you open one you no longer have the option of selecting one time. You must set as default.
The second is only a problem if you use otg USB drives. To unmount you now must go in to settings, select storage, select the drive, then unmount. Before it only took a swipe of the notification bar and selecting the USB drive.
But I may be a poor source, I still miss KitKat.

Tech2011

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've updated to Marshmallow on my T-Mobile Note 4 and I have not had any significant issues. A couple of times my device has randomly rebooted on me, but that was not a continual pattern thankfully. A few app issues here and there, but again, I've had no major issues.

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I updated my Note 4 as soon as MM came out OTA. I started having an occasional spontaneous reboot which progressed into the phone hanging and becoming unresponsive to touch or button input. I would have to pull the battery to get it to restart properly. Had to do a factory reset and wipe the cache partition- neither worked. Had to have the phone replaced under warranty by TMobile (not free either since I don't buy their insurance) and the new device updated to MM almost before I walked out of the TMobile store. That is when the spontaneous reboots started again. That was about a week ago and my Note 4 reboots itself at least a few times a day. I don't recommend Marshmallow for this device - keep reading the countless reports of random restarts in the forums. Some surmise it is a battery issue or an SD card issue but I use several batteries and was experiencing the reboots without the SIM or the SD card in the device. If you can, stay on Lollipop.

RiaBrown

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
A few things I don't particularly care for...

Battery-hog system apps have either had their names changed or been bundled in with some other stuff because I cannot for the life of me find AirWakeUp to disable it. It hogs my battery, and I don't use it.

When you DO force quit any app, it soon starts itself up all over again and boom, your battery begins draining AGAIN. Once you force quit an app to save your battery, you should be able to start it when YOU want to. For example, now there's apps for Samsung Gear. I don't use t, I don't plan to use it, I want to disable it. It won't let me. I force quit it, and have to go back in later on that day to force quit it yet AGAIN.

Because of all this, I've come to the conclusion that Marshmallow is a HUGE battery hog. I regret upgrading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes