Android is optimizing 200+ apps?!

Commandermadi

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
So i have had very slow and poor performance with the Note 4 since Android 6 and it seems like it will never go no matter what I do. I did multiple factory resets, lots of cache wiping and flashed stock rom.

Nothing seems to work. Apps take a lot to respond and screen is not responsive for few seconds and it might never respond and just restart the device by itself.

I also noticed when applying updates hoping for a fix that it says that Android is updating 235+ apps. How is that huge number even there despite I did not even download a single app after the last reset?!!!! I count the apps in the apps home screen and in the apps manager and its way fewer than this.

Could you advise on that and what to do to fix this terrible lag and its own restarting by itself? I did not change the battery since I purchased it 1 year 9 months ago but it seems its working well. Do you recommend changing it?

Thank you.

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that too after resetting my note 4 a number of times. I pretty much figured it's all the system apps+ any new apps/updates that came with the Ota. If you know how then try looking for a bare stock Android (nexus type of image) specifically for your note 4 variant. They do exist you just may have to do some digging possibly on xda. Just be warned flashing roms can carry risks of permanently bricking your device if not done right so proceed at your own risk.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
That total number of apps includes stock and system apps, many of which are not visible in your app drawer. Go to settings/application manager/all to view the entire list of apps on your phone. I wouldn't recommend tampering with the system apps though unless you want to turn your phone into a paperweight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol