hello! I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to fix this, sorry if this has been asked before. (I'm new)

So, a few days ago, my phone was perfectly fine. I got a notification that I needed to update my phone, but did not have enough space on my phone. I was about to leave the house, so I didn't start the update. While I went out, my phone froze on me and I took the battery out. For a bit, it wouldn't turn on at all. It finally turned back on and when I got home I ended up deleting a lot of apps and transferring all my photos to my computer to make more space so I could do the update.

ANYWAYS, I had enough storage space and was on WI-FI, so I did the update and thought that would of solved the issue. After the update, the phone was a lot slower. Pressing on apps would be delayed, screen would freeze and often shut off. I would try restarting and it would freeze on the Samsung screen. Sometimes the phone would randomly restart and stay on the Samsung screen. I would take the battery out and it would load like normal but after a while it would fall back into the same pattern.

I thought doing a factory restore would help, so I tried doing this just through the settings in the phone and it didn't work. I turned the phone back on and everything was the same. I tried doing it once more and still yielded the same result.

----------------------------------------------------
    NOW- I am having a bigger issue. I turned my phone off, and followed the steps to do a factory reset through Recovery Mode. I also deleted the cache beforehand. Now, I believe I am stuck in a 'boot loop.' I try restarting my phone, and it loads with 'recovery mode' on the top left hand side of the screen and remains to stay on the Samsung screen. After about 10 minutes of that, I take the battery out and try again. Then the screen comes up where it says, "Installing system update" with the little android icon. It was stuck on that screen for awhile too.

I just took out the sim card, SD Card and battery for a few minutes and powered on my phone. It says, "Installing System Update" with the little android icon again. As I type this, it just prompted me to the recovery menu, what now??

I feel like I am in over my head and have no idea what to do to fix this. I hope I provided enough information to get help on this. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who replies!!!
    09-04-2016 07:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The firmware might be corrupt. Try reinstalling it--you might have to use Odin to do so: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html. Or you could bring it to your local Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep if they can flash it for you.
    09-04-2016 09:22 PM