I went to use my internet radio app, I accessed my station and whenever the screen times out, so does the radio. I can't use other apps and listen either. I tried 3 other radio apps with the same results. I've only been an Android user for a little over a year. I hadn't needed the radio app until now. With the iPhone 3 and 6 I played internet radio frequently and didn't have this problem. I could play the radio as long as I wanted after the screen timed out or use other apps while listening. What's the problem ? Am I missing something ?
    ETA: I Uninstalled 2 of the radio apps but the 2 others I still have are Radio US and I Heart Radio.
    09-08-2016 04:54 PM
    Are you using some kind of app manager or battery saver that might be 'killing' the process when your screen is off? I don't have my Note 4 anymore, but I never had issues playing Pandora, Spotify, or iHeart Radio in the background.
    09-08-2016 04:57 PM
    That's a good question and a likely suspect but I don't believe so. Maybe Marshmellows new Doze feature could be the culprit.
    09-08-2016 05:02 PM
    Doze (or Samsung's implementation) doesn't kick in immediately, only for long-unused processes that are running in the background. You can try to 'whitelist' an app that's giving you issues in Samsung's Battery Manager and see if that helps.
    09-08-2016 05:10 PM
    I can't seem to find a Samsung battery manager white list option. I tried installing individual radio station apps with no success. They shut off when the screen times out or when I try to use another app at the same time.
    09-08-2016 05:29 PM
    I'm not sure how it's called on a Note 4, but I believe it was something like Battery Monitor or App Monitor or something along those lines (it's Samsung's Doze implementation). There you can select which apps to NOT 'kill' when in the background, at least by that app.

I'd check to see if you have other battery saving apps or maybe battery saver mode active. Also try booting up your phone in safe mode. If the issue isn't there, then there's a 3rd party app you installed that's causing problems.
    09-08-2016 05:38 PM
    Thanks Spook for helping and yes, you nailed it. It was the power saving mode that was the culprit. I came back to let you know that I figured it out (while my radio plays). I tried my wife's phone and the radio app worked fine. Then I looked at her settings and thought it might be the Galaxy power saving as she didn't have it turned on and you had previously suggested battery savers. Thanks again.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-08-2016 08:17 PM
    Yeii!! Glad you got it working! Power Saving mode can be a blessing, but it can also be a curse when it overkills apps in lieu of better battery life.
    09-09-2016 11:15 AM