I was a fool and bought the Note7 very early, and returned it because of the recall.

My thought is to pick up a new Note4 from eBay since the 6.0.1 update is available now on AT&T.

I don't care about the iris scanner, IP78 rating, and other stuff ultimately, but would like a removable battery and SD expansion (have my 256GB SD card from Samsung).

I'm not a heavy gamer and am using this as my personal device (I have an iPhone 6S+ through work).

Any reason I shouldn't consider getting a Note4?
    09-14-2016 03:50 PM
    I just bought one a couple of weeks ago it's great and doing all I need it to do.
    09-14-2016 04:11 PM
    First thought... beware of ebay sellers. There are fake Note 4's still abound! I really don't have any experience with buying a Note 4 from ebay, so my first two sentences are just from horror stories I've heard. The last phone I bought on ebay was from a private seller and that turned out alright.

You might consider buying an AT&T or unlocked Note 4 from a more reputable company, like BHPhoto or something. At least you'll get what you think you're getting... a new Note 4. It'll be at a higher price, but for piece of mind, you can't beat it. Even Amazon still carries AT&T Note 4's. I believe there are a few people here that bought unlocked Note 4's from BHPhoto and are using them on AT&T... not sure, so you might want to search that out.

Any reason I shouldn't consider getting a Note4?
    I've owned a Note 4 for 21 months. I've experienced only two problems... 1) Bluetooth drop outs with my headset... which seems common on this phone. I personally believe it's hardware related... RF interference. And... 2) I just recently had a random restart... and I'm still on Kitkat. I've only experienced one of these and it hasn't recurred for a week after I cleaned the phone battery terminals and the battery terminals themselves. My theory is it happened due to oxidation of the contacts, but of course I have no proof of that. Still, the phone hasn't hiccuped in a week so...

The Note 4 is a good phone and I won't be upgrading it anytime soon. In fact, I'm thinking of buying another one as a spare fairly soon. It serves all my purposes, to include swappable batteries (important to me). I'm not sure it'll support 256Gb cards though.
    AXEL314 likes this.
    09-14-2016 04:28 PM
    First thought... beware of ebay sellers. There are fake Note 4's still abound! I really don't have any experience with buying a Note 4 from ebay, so my first two sentences are just from horror stories I've heard. The last phone I bought on ebay was from a private seller and that turned out alright.

You might consider buying an AT&T or unlocked Note 4 from a more reputable company, like BHPhoto or something. At least you'll get what you think you're getting... a new Note 4. It'll be at a higher price, but for piece of mind, you can't beat it. Even Amazon still carries AT&T Note 4's. I believe there are a few people here that bought unlocked Note 4's from BHPhoto and are using them on AT&T... not sure, so you might want to search that out.

I've owned a Note 4 for 21 months. I've experienced only two problems... 1) Bluetooth drop outs with my headset... which seems common on this phone. I personally believe it's hardware related... RF interference. And... 2) I just recently had a random restart... and I'm still on Kitkat. I've only experienced one of these and it hasn't recurred for a week after I cleaned the phone battery terminals and the battery terminals themselves. My theory is it happened due to oxidation of the contacts, but of course I have no proof of that. Still, the phone hasn't hiccuped in a week so...

The Note 4 is a good phone and I won't be upgrading it anytime soon. In fact, I'm thinking of buying another one as a spare fairly soon. It serves all my purposes, to include swappable batteries (important to me). I'm not sure it'll support 256Gb cards though.
    Thanks. Fortunately, the seller sent me the IMIE and it checked out, so I think I will be ok.
    nahoku and aximtreo like this.
    09-14-2016 04:32 PM
    Thanks. Fortunately, the seller sent me the IMIE and it checked out, so I think I will be ok.
    If the phone turns out to be a good deal, that's great! If you get it, I guess we'll be seeing you more in this forum!
    09-14-2016 04:34 PM
    I've bought all my phones from eBay, usually private sellers. Haven't had a problem yet. I'll ask them a few questions if they answer right away and have a good seller rating I'll buy from them. But do beware I have a 100% rating on eBay pretty good right? But if you take the time to explore my feedback you'll see it's all as a buyer. You want them to have a good rating as a seller
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-14-2016 05:12 PM
    Yup, me right here. Currently using my 910C unlocked 4 on ATT, no issues with LTE coverage. Received MM months ago and still get regular security updates my way. Though its not officially out from Samsung, Good Lock UI from apkmirror runs great and is updated fairly regularly (but doesn't support finger print unlock still ... I think, I haven't tried for two iterations).

I second the notion of snagging a new 4 from B&H because you get the one year warranty, and if there's a price drop on their site within 30 days of you purchasing, you can refund the difference, no problem.
    nahoku likes this.
    09-14-2016 07:32 PM
    I'm loving my Note 4 more and more each day now that I've "unlocked" its full potential.

Official software support (not just Security Patches) is nearing an end, if it hasn't ended already; however, Community support is booming. This would be my only reasoning to not getting it. But if you don't care about flashy new features / and or resort to rooting...

The Note 4 is more than capably of handling the latest software, so for us to be left in the dust kinda sucks, which is why I resorted to rooting.

I don't want to shell out $800 just to run the latest software when my current hardware handles it just fine.
    nahoku and rtwright68 like this.
    09-14-2016 08:20 PM
    I would recommend a Note 4. I hope Samsung reads these. I love my Note 4 & won't buy another Note until I absolutely have to or until they bring back the removable battery and SD card. I probably would have bought a 5, 6, & 7 and I know a lot of people that feel the same.
    nahoku and rtwright68 like this.
    09-14-2016 11:48 PM
    I had a note 4 which was great except from the battery fault the phone had (The battery fault was confirmed here on AC, at a phone repair place and by myself)

As I said, they're great but I think they no longer updating them. Don't take my word for it though.
    09-15-2016 08:53 AM