Had the LGV10 for the past 4 months. Not a bad phone, but I really missed my Note 4 (stylus, system, etc)...So after a lackluster enthusiasm to get the Note 5 or 7 (no removable battery, too much glass) build, etc), I got back with ex, Note 4! ....anybody else having trouble finding a replacement?
    indysteve9 likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:08 PM
    Honestly, I don't find a need to replace my Note 4. She has too many attributes no other phone on the market has!
    sal the wop and indysteve9 like this.
    09-18-2016 05:18 AM
    I'm right there with both of you guys..!

The same goes for me. As soon as the Note 5 came out without their removable battery, etc, I knew that I was going to make a commitment to the Note 4 for an extended period of time until the half until the half-*** developers and manufacturers realized that was a mistake.

Having said that, it was also a good price point opportunity to get some quality Note 4 units that people were selling in anticipation of upgrading to the Note 5.

I actually have to Note 4 units myself, one for a backup in the event the other one breaks and a handful of replacement batteries and chargers.

So needless to say I think you guys made a great move by getting back with your ex or for those of you that went online as I did and purchased another unit or two.
    sal the wop and nahoku like this.
    09-18-2016 05:38 AM
    Had the LGV10 for the past 4 months. Not a bad phone, but I really missed my Note 4 (stylus, system, etc)...So after a lackluster enthusiasm to get the Note 5 or 7 (no removable battery, too much glass) build, etc), I got back with ex, Note 4! ....anybody else having trouble finding a replacement?
    I'm hanging on to my Note 4 until something comes along much better and doesn't explode on me.
    09-18-2016 11:08 AM
    I'll be honest though, I do miss the camera on the V10. That camera was awesome!
    09-18-2016 11:22 AM
    As of right now I am sticking with my Note 4 until either new note 7 or iPhone 7 plus are in Stock. The note 4 is a good phone but the lag compared to the new phones is just unbearable for me now. Still manageable though.
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-18-2016 01:46 PM
    I have a G-Note7 waiting to be replaced. I went back to my trusty N4 in the meantime. The N4 is a great device but the N7 just rocks! I don't have an issue with my N7. Never got warm & I used a wireless charger but ya gotta do your due diligence. N4=8......N7=9.25 a removable battery & IR blaster & the N7 would be a 10.
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-18-2016 05:22 PM
    I've been looking at stepping up to the N7 once replacements are available here in the US. But, then I watched this Youtube video (found it on the GalaxyNote 4 subreddit).

For me, the N7 does perform slightly better, BUT, not US $900 better, so I'm sticking with my N4.
    09-18-2016 09:07 PM
    BUT, not US $900 better, so I'm sticking with my N4.
    Amazing that perception of something new always makes people think newer is vastly better. Even two generations later only made milliseconds difference in performance. Thanks for posting the vid... I've not seen it before... then again, I never even considered buying the Note 7, so I wouldn't have looked for it. The Note 4 as a daily carry is very tough to beat!
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:37 PM
    user-replaceable battery
    Speaking of this... there are more people saying they would like to see this in the next Notes. Funny, that since the fires/recall, they haven't gotten put down like some "other" people were. I was expecting some yo-yo to post a dead horse comment (and picture) in the thread but it didn't show up. Not surprising, since the comments came from Note 7 owners. Even the glass back is getting more criticism now. Hypocrisy runs amok! LOL!
    09-19-2016 02:17 PM
    Haha, great thread title! First thought was "What is a personal love story doing in the Note 4 forum?" Then I read the post and could immediately relate.

Even though it's been almost two years now I'm still loving my Note 4 and just don't see anything current or upcoming to consider replacing it. So much so I thought it best to pick up another one recently as insurance in case something happened to the original. This phone just ticks off all the hardware features I want and value yet!

As a plus the new one also allowed me to take the risk of unlocking the bootloader and rooting just to use AdAway and to make various system tweaks to the stock ROM via Xposed modules as well as revert the GMAIL and Maps apps to older versions (by replacing their apk files in the system folder).

So along with a total of 6 batteries I'm a very happy camper and can now comfortably sit back and just continue to enjoy this great phone for the next year or two (or longer) while waiting to see what Samsung does with the Note line and/or what other options may come from another OEM!

Edit: I'm absolutely exhausted reading about the Note 7 battery issues and recall. It all makes me appreciate the Note 4 and its user-replaceable battery even more!!! Samsung has a very tough road ahead if not just in my own mind! The biggest thing they could do in that regard is go back to a user-replaceable battery with the Note 8 (or whatever they decide to call it)!!!!
    Good stuff man!......Yup, I just ordered another note 4 today. Got a great deal, so I said what the heck!

Outside of the camera (only because of comparison to the upgraded cameras), its really hard for me to ditch this phone. Ironically a lot more of the threads like "you tube" and other forums have more and more people talking about getting the note 4. Its pretty comical to read.....
    nahoku likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:35 PM
    The biggest thing they could do in that regard is go back to a user-replaceable battery with the Note 8 (or whatever they decide to call it)!!!!
    I have to say that for everything else that was going for the Note 7, if they had put a swappable battery in that bad boy the rest would all be about shutting up and taking my money. It is a really nice phone. But I've already had to retire two sealed-battery phones due to battery life degradation. I'm not falling for that a third time. ESPECIALLY not for a $900 phone!
    09-19-2016 04:41 PM
    I'm giving a serious look to the LG V20, but I'm not sure - I might end up missing S-Pen too much. I suppose I could also go back to a smaller phone and just start carrying an S-Tab tablet around as my productivity device, but... I like carrying everything in one device.
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:43 PM
    I'm giving a serious look to the LG V20, but I'm not sure - I might end up missing S-Pen too much. I suppose I could also go back to a smaller phone and just start carrying an S-Tab tablet around as my productivity device, but... I like carrying everything in one device.
    If you currently use your S-pen quite a bit, you will definitely miss that feature. That was one of the things that made me active my old note 4 and ditch the V10. Battery life on the V10 was absolutely awful as well. Im noticing an improved difference with my note 4 believe it or not. And like I posted earlier, the camera on the V10 was unbelievably nice! So if a superior camera is your thing, check that out. I hear the V20 will be better........
    09-19-2016 05:13 PM
    Good stuff man!......Yup, I just ordered another note 4 today. Got a great deal, so I said what the heck!
    You bought a back-up? LOL! I'm out looking too! It's a shame, ain't it, that with all that's offered people still love this phone enough to buy two of them! Cracks me up!
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-19-2016 07:23 PM
    The camera on the Note 4 is still impressive compared to todays phones. The garden pic is from my Note 4 and the flooding pic is from my Note 5. The last pic is from my S7 Edge. I would without a doubt take the Note 4 with me and use it as my only camera.

So, I got back with my Ex!-20150709_081818.jpgSo, I got back with my Ex!-20160830_204014.jpg So, I got back with my Ex!-20160606_120144.jpg
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:26 AM
    The camera on the Note 4 is still impressive compared to todays phones. The garden pic is from my Note 4 and the flooding pic is from my Note 5. The last pic is from my S7 Edge. I would without a doubt take the Note 4 with me and use it as my only camera.
    It's a great camera in bright light and if your subject is not very close. It has a lot of trouble focusing on close objects and low-light photos are very noisy and hit-or-miss. My wife's S7 Edge takes about equivalent quality photos in daylight (maybe not QUITE as good due to the lower-resolution sensor, but near as makes no difference), but it absolutely shames the Note 4 in low light or with moving subjects.
    sal the wop likes this.
    09-20-2016 09:14 AM