Note 4 battery drain and Turn off at 20 % battery life

A

AC Question

I have already bought the new battery and it seem to help and get rid of the problem in the beginning. But then after about 1 month, same thing started happening. Battery would drain to about 20-25% and it would just shut off and when i turn it back on battery life saids 0%. How do i fix this problem ? is that related to fast charging ?

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Try a factory reset. The same thing happened to me with my initial battery, but the problem went away and never came back with the new one.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Bad batteries can and do happen. While there may be a rogue app that is gobbling up your battery, it's really unlikely that software could cause your phone to shut down at an indicated 20% charge - that's almost always a sign of a failing battery, or something wrong with phone hardware. My first guess would be that your replacement battery is failing. If it's from a reputable dealer you should be able to do a warranty exchange of the new battery if it died after a month.

While anything is possible, I very much doubt a factory reset is going to do a lot of good. You could try clearing the system cache (power down, POWER-HOME-VolumeUP to start, a menu eventually will come up, choose the clear cache option). That's harmless and easy to do - though I kinda doubt that will help either.

I'd start with trying another battery, especially if you got the one you have now very inexpensively off eBay or something. Most of the cheaper batteries from eBay are perfectly good, many are actual OEM, but there are lots of copycats out there, too. Caveat emptor.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
And these points are unfortunately what keeps from upgrading phones. I have 2 spare batteries just for the point of if I'm traveling or not near an outlet I still have enough battery. Since none of the newer samsung phone even have a removable battery, I fear upgrading them just for the point of now you NEED to have access to charge or then God forbid the battery just starts going crazy, your forced to need a whole new phone. I really wish they would make a phone again with the removable battery

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
And these points are unfortunately what keeps from upgrading phones. I have 2 spare batteries just for the point of if I'm traveling or not near an outlet I still have enough battery. Since none of the newer samsung phone even have a removable battery, I fear upgrading them just for the point of now you NEED to have access to charge or then God forbid the battery just starts going crazy, your forced to need a whole new phone. I really wish they would make a phone again with the removable battery

There was a thread that said, "What would you rather have, water resistance or removable battery?"

Of course I voted for battery. At the moment, I've never had an issue with a water damaged phone; however, I did have problems with batteries multiple times.

My original battery started conking out at 20% just like TC. So I bought two new ones. Bam! Problem gone.

In fact, after I rooted my phone the old battery started working "normally" again. It's almost like I have a brand new phone, minus the hardware improvement.

I couldn't care less about the hardware improvements. For my use, the Note 4 should last me at least another 2 years. At some point I'll want to upgrade, but not in the near future.

Tahir Ahmed1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have already bought the new battery and it seem to help and get rid of the problem in the beginning. But then after about 1 month, same thing started happening. Battery would drain to about 20-25% and it would just shut off and when i turn it back on battery life saids 0%. How do i fix this problem ? is that related to fast charging ?

I had the same problem... When battery came to 20 percent the phone shut.. Installed new battery and everything is good now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax