Has anyone done this update? My mother in law updated her note 4 the other day and had nothing but issues, although I don't know what update she did. This is the update notice I got, but haven't done anything yet until I can figure out what it is. Has anyone done this yet?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    09-26-2016 11:10 AM
    Your image didn't get posted but I assume the update is N910PVPU4DPH4. No Sprint changelog is available yet but I assume it's the latest security updates and maybe a minor fix or two. I loaded it, no problems.
    eeyore6802 likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:28 PM
    Ya don't know why the pic wouldn't load, but yes you are correct, that it was it showed. Thanks for your feedback that you had no issues. If I continue to hear the same, then I'll probably just go ahead.
    09-26-2016 12:33 PM
    When I installed the N910PVPU4DPH4 update on my Sprint Note 4, I had nothing but problems.

• It would freeze and reboot on its own many times a day.
    • Sometimes the reboot process would not finish because it would get stuck on a bootloader screen, so I would have to remove and reinsert the battery to reboot the device.
    • A lot of times the screen wouldn't even turn on no matter how many times I press the Power or Home button, so again I would have to remove and reinsert the battery to reboot the device.

I did a factory reset, removed the micro SD card, and even bought a new battery for it to see if the problem would go away, but nope, the freezes and auto-reboots just kept coming.

So I took the phone to the Sprint store and described my problem to the tech support. He said a lot of customers have been coming in lately with the same exact problem and it's because of the PH4 Software Update. After they spent a couple of hours trying to fix my phone, they declared my phone unfixable and said they'll send me a new Note 4 replacement in a couple of days.

I've had my Note 4 replacement for about a month now with all my apps installed. Everything is running smooth and battery life is great. Zero problems. The only thing I haven't done yet is install the PH4 update. I'm hesitant to install it again after the stress and frustrations I went through.
    11-12-2016 02:46 PM
    No issues.
    11-12-2016 04:24 PM