Anyone moving to a Pixel XL

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I love having a phablet but never use my s-pen. Now that the Note 7 is dead I'm thinking of trying out a Pixel XL. Anyone else pondering it? I'm certainly not going to a fruit phone although my wife might.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I thought about it but the lack of expandable storage and no water resistance have me looking at the S7 edge. Not to mention the price. They say you get unlimited cloud storage but I think it is factored into the price of the phone.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If I decided to get rid of my Note 4 and go with something without S-Pen, it's a tough choice between the Pixel XL, the LG V20, and the Galaxy S7 Edge.

Google Pixel XL vs. LG V20 vs. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (USA) - GSMArena.com

Give me the awesome camera and water resistance from the S7 Edge, the Android updates from the Pixel, and the removable battery and screen size from the V20, and the rest will all be about shutting up and taking my money.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Give me the awesome camera and water resistance from the S7 Edge, the Android updates from the Pixel, and the removable battery and screen size from the V20
Cracks me up! You're not asking for much! LOL! Now if some competitor only had the S-Pen + all of what you want... I'd want it too! Well, not so much the updates or water resistance... it's not important to me, even in Hawaii! :cool:

For the OP... I need my S-Pen so, no! Damn Samsung!

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Note 4 for about a year; this is my third one. First one, the wifi received conked out, the second one the home button stuck. Warranty replacement went smoothly both times but if it fails again I am on my own because the warranty will be gone. I doubt I would pay retail for a fourth refurb. I love the note 4 but that's too much. :(

I use the stylus but could live without it. I need a high function large format phone with a removable battery that runs on AT&T. Prompt Android updates would be a real plus but lower than the factors I listed above. A good price would be a plus but large size and removable battery come first.:-$

No Pixel for me until it runs AT&T and has a removable battery. If I had to buy today it would probably be an LG V20. I'm hoping that a raft of removable battery phones come to market in the aftermath of the Note 7 debacle.:cool:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Cracks me up! You're not asking for much! LOL!

I forget who said this, might have been one of the authors on AC, but... "My wants are simple. I want what I want, when I want it. Simple."

No one is ever going to put together a package like I want. Everyone wants smooth and shiny, I'm sitting here in the corner saying "I don't care what it looks like - I care what it does!"

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Note 4 for about a year; this is my third one. First one, the wifi received conked out, the second one the home button stuck. Warranty replacement went smoothly both times but if it fails again I am on my own because the warranty will be gone. I doubt I would pay retail for a fourth refurb. I love the note 4 but that's too much. :(

Holy bad luck, batman! I'm at 20 months with my first, and it's been flawless (well, other than the Lollipop GPS debacle, but otherwise smooth sailing). Yeesh.

Right there with ya on the V20, though. If I decide I want to try a new phone out, it'll probably be that. Note 4 still seems to have plenty of legs left, though, for now. I just keep buying it a new battery every 6 months or so, and good to go.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Holy bad luck, batman! I'm at 20 months with my first, and it's been flawless (well, other than the Lollipop GPS debacle, but otherwise smooth sailing). Yeesh.

Right there with ya on the V20, though. If I decide I want to try a new phone out, it'll probably be that. Note 4 still seems to have plenty of legs left, though, for now. I just keep buying it a new battery every 6 months or so, and good to go.

I'm still on my original Note 4 with no issues as well but my wife had her original one replaced and now her 2nd one is acting weird from time to time (settings get reset, poor GPS, etc.). I'm on the waiting list for a Pixel XL so I have some time to decide. My Note 4 is still great but it is definitely a little sluggish now, especially since the Marshmallow upgrade. Yes, I did do a factory reset.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the stylus, but I could never go to a smaller phone. I'm going to keep my N4 and hold out for a bigger phone. I'd like to just get a small tablet and use VoIP for voice, but I'm not how practical that is (I'm guessing to keep my number I'd have to keep a regular phone active, thus paying an additional line charge).

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the stylus, but I could never go to a smaller phone. I'm going to keep my N4 and hold out for a bigger phone. I'd like to just get a small tablet and use VoIP for voice, but I'm not how practical that is (I'm guessing to keep my number I'd have to keep a regular phone active, thus paying an additional line charge).

I use Google Voice as my primary phone number, and VoIP for most of my calls (except when I'm on my Verizon hotspot, because they block VoIP - or when data isn't working well, then I make calls on my regular cell voice line that charges me by the minute). Google maintains my VoIP phone number.

I just checked my AT&T cell number and it does look like that could be ported to Google at the moment. That capability comes and goes from time to time for some reason, though, and probably also varies by carrier.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I love having a phablet but never use my s-pen. Now that the Note 7 is dead I'm thinking of trying out a Pixel XL. Anyone else pondering it? I'm certainly not going to a fruit phone although my wife might.
Get the Pixel XL, if you don't use the SPen then the Note isn't much use to you. The key thing with the Note Range is the SPen.

I use the SPen daily so I will be sticking to my Note 4 until late next year. Not much out there for me, the Note 4 has spoilt me. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie