I have an iPhone 6 through Verizon. I'm looking to go bigger next time. I love the current 5.5 and up phones, but I don't love the price. The Note 7 was the only one I might have paid north of $800 for. Right now, my top choice is the Note 5, which I can still finance through Verizon. But I can find Verizon Note 4's on Amazon for as little as $250. That's a price I could live with straight up. The question is... will I be satisfied with the phone. I know Android, but haven't had a Samsung product. So what do you think?

I Facebook, tweet, sometimes Snapchat or Instagram. I play Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, only occasionally do I play more graphic intensive games. And I watch a lot of videos text etc.

Given what I normally do on a phone, would the Note 4 leave me happy? I ran across this video that got me thinking seriously about it.
    10-12-2016 01:56 PM
    I love my note 4. I have 3 batteries for it and a fully stocked micro SD inside. I wouldn't grab the note 5 simply for the lack of micro SD and removable battery. Note 4 is still a great phone and I got mine in great condition for $184 on amazon. Thinking of even buying one in white too. This will certainly hold me over until the note 8. Mind you samsung will not be updating note 4 to nougat.
    ChrisS9938 and Arun01 like this.
    10-12-2016 02:01 PM
    I think you'll be happy with it. I would buy an extra battery or two for it because one of the phones best features is to be able to swap batteries and not be tied to a charger for an hour.

You can fine original OEM batteries for around $12 on eBay. Stay away from anything cheaper.

I have an S-View case on mine. You can still find those for sale for around $5 if you do some searching.
    ChrisS9938 likes this.
    10-12-2016 02:11 PM
    I still love my Note 4, 2 years later. So much so that I'm not replacing it.

Users mention the need for extra batteries but I'll disagree. You may not need them if the phone is new. If you plan on keeping it for 2 years then yes, buy them now while they are still available. Try to buy Samsung original batteries sold BY Amazon, not ON Amazon.

Lastly, you may need to know your way around the phone a little bit. I found out that the Facebook app - and even worse it's Messenger app - were battery killers, so I installed a different app that handles both - the app is Folio. One more - I found out that the Android version of Snapchat doesn't close, keeps running in the background constantly, so I put a widget on my home screen that tells me how many apps are running so I could easily open the widget and kill the app. Eventually I ended up un installing Snapchat over their inability to build a decent Android app.
    ChrisS9938, huntnyc and indysteve9 like this.
    10-12-2016 02:35 PM
    I love my Note 4 and I'm not upgrading it.
    One King and ChrisS9938 like this.
    10-12-2016 03:14 PM
    You can buy the note 4 new from B&H photo, watch out for knockoffs .

This phone is so amazing I purchased two of them new a month ago .
    AXEL314 and ChrisS9938 like this.
    10-12-2016 06:26 PM
    I am still comfortable with it even after surrendering the note 7.
    AXEL314, ChrisS9938 and zoomis like this.
    10-12-2016 08:30 PM
    What other phones out there have the features you are looking for, and how much do they cost?

For me, in descending order of importance:

Large, high-quality screen
    Replaceable battery
    Good camera
    S-Pen or really good stylus support
    Fast, smooth, lag-free experience
    Reasonably recent Android version (or at least monthly security updates)
    Expandable storage
    IR Blaster

Even if I had to buy new, the only phones that appear to push enough buttons near the top of my list is a V20 or a Note 4. The Note 4 has the distinct advantage of being very cheap on the used market, even if I didn't already own one (obviously since I own one the only cost is feeding it batteries every now and again).

Obviously everyone's list will be in a different order, and that will lead them to different phones.
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-13-2016 02:57 PM
    I Love my Note 4 (910c) that I bought a second one and a few batteries when I saw the direction taken by Samsung on the Note 5 (no user-replaceable battery and no micro sd slot). The phone to beat it will be the Galaxy Note 4S with faster everything and a better camera but the same battery format so I can use my old ones.
    natehoy and qwalls like this.
    10-13-2016 03:02 PM
    I Love my Note 4 (910c) that I bought a second one and a few batteries when I saw the direction taken by Samsung on the Note 5 (no user-replaceable battery and no micro sd slot). The phone to beat it will be the Galaxy Note 4S with faster everything and a better camera but the same battery format so I can use my old ones.
    Ha, now THAT would be an interesting direction for Samsung to take, bringing back the Note 4 chassis or something similar and updating the internals. I like it.
    qwalls likes this.
    10-13-2016 03:33 PM
    I love my note 4. I bought mine new earlier this year for $350 (it's dropped to $300 now). Has all the features I want that no phone now offers. Fantastic camera on it as well, takes some beautiful photos.
    huntnyc and Jay Sacks like this.
    10-13-2016 04:07 PM
    I love my note 4. I have 3 batteries for it and a fully stocked micro SD inside. I wouldn't grab the note 5 simply for the lack of micro SD and removable battery. Note 4 is still a great phone and I got mine in great condition for $184 on amazon. Thinking of even buying one in white too. This will certainly hold me over until the note 8. Mind you samsung will not be updating note 4 to nougat.
    Don't forget the IR blaster on the Note 4
    10-14-2016 09:05 AM
    Yes! I love controlling my TV'S with it!!
    10-14-2016 12:41 PM
    Don't forget the IR blaster on the Note 4
    Urgh, I think my IR blaster burnt out a couple of weeks ago
    10-14-2016 01:28 PM
    I have an iPhone 6 through Verizon. I'm looking to go bigger next time. I love the current 5.5 and up phones, but I don't love the price. The Note 7 was the only one I might have paid north of $800 for. Right now, my top choice is the Note 5, which I can still finance through Verizon. But I can find Verizon Note 4's on Amazon for as little as $250. That's a price I could live with straight up. The question is... will I be satisfied with the phone. I know Android, but haven't had a Samsung product. So what do you think?

I Facebook, tweet, sometimes Snapchat or Instagram. I play Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, only occasionally do I play more graphic intensive games. And I watch a lot of videos text etc.

Given what I normally do on a phone, would the Note 4 leave me happy? I ran across this video that got me thinking seriously about it.
    Still using my Note 4 910C and it's still very nice. Excellent battery life, great screen and camera, frequent updates (so far), and also just got Samsung Cloud which is really nice.
    huntnyc and llltapp NPmadness like this.
    10-15-2016 03:36 AM
    They are down to $251 certified on Glyde. Still need to pay of my iPhone before I can do anything, but I'm still really looking.
    11-06-2016 08:45 PM

I LOVE my Note 4. As a nurse practitioner I use a lot of heavy duty medical apps, productivity/writing apps, camera, video (band mom LOL).. etc.

The camera is 16 mp. I have used it to take dermatology pics that the derm docs say are better than their microscopic galleries in journals... great to do a self skin exam with.. sorry if TMI lol.

I like the stealth of the CPU. I'm blind as a bat too so I love the size and the accessibility options. It is still very thin and can be slid into a pocket easily. Colors, resolutions, soooo vivid. Movies are great on it. I will stick with this one til it dies. Battery is great as long as you take care of it and have a good battery power app. Love the s pen for taking quick notes. Love the messenger voice control so I can speak texts instead of typing.

Hope this helps!
    Linda
    huntnyc and cinnamin like this.
    11-12-2016 06:40 PM
    04-07-2017 04:44 PM
    I'll aim up my last post in a few words.

Greatest smartphone that's ever been released. I wish I still had it.
    huntnyc likes this.
    04-09-2017 08:42 AM
    Its now a steal, and performance-wise it stacks up very well for a 2 year old device.
    04-10-2017 11:02 AM
    I can still buy phones as often as I want at "2 year discount" pricing from my carrier due to the odd contract I'm on. And I still haven't seen anything that is more appealing than the Note 4. The V20 came darned close, but I'd miss S-Pen too much. The S8+ is visually appealing, for sure, but again - S-Pen, plus I'm hard on my phone's batteries and I got tired of having to replace my multi-hundred-dollar phone every 6-12 months because the battery couldn't get a day's work done.
    When the Note 4 finally dies, I'll probably get a smaller phone and a mid-sized tablet with S-Pen for productivity work. For me, personally, and my needs and uses, the Note 4 is the last of its kind - something that can be carried reasonably well as a phone but used reasonably well for on-the-go productivity. There are some great phones out there, but I'm just not feeling the love from anything else for my personal tastes and uses for a phone.
    anon(634141) and huntnyc like this.
    04-13-2017 08:41 AM