Note 7 officially banned on US flights.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Like we didn't have enough pain going thru Airport security (remove laptop, remove shoes, remove jacket), now we have to prove that you aren't carrying the most dangerous weapon of all - A state of the art grenade - known as the Note 7. Perhaps "Note seven" would become one of those phrases that you can't say in an airport (like "hi Jack", or "you're the BOMB").

But to just be serious for a minute, I think anyone carrying a "Samsung" phone will now have their phone looked at to make sure it's not the Note 7, and are we really counting on Joe the TSA agent to spot the Note 7 from among other samsung devices like the Note 4 or worse the very similar looking S7 or even the Note 5?! Luckily for me I have the Note 4 and I can simply REMOVE the battery and say "you can't do that with a Note 7". But good luck to you if you are carrying an S7 or the Spen equipped Note 5. And good luck to us standing behind these unfortunate souls at the security line.

Thank you Samsung for trying so hard to be like the iPhone, us Note users really appreciate it.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At least the Note5 is readily identified on the back cover. Just make sure you're not using a case that's a total pain to take off.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The Note 5 has a flat screen.
The S7 Edge doesn't have a pen.
Here's how you differentiate them ;)
I know that, you know that, but if you believe the TSA agents will know that I got a waterfront property in Arizona I can sell you real cheap.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463